cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product master replication to SRM and its control at company code level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Have a doubt about Materila master replicationt o SRM and its control at company code level.

How starndard SRM behaves when we replicate material to SRM? At what level materils will be replicated to SRM i.e at company code level / plant level?

For example if a user create shopping cart for certain company code  whether the SRM system will restrict to choose the products related to only that compnay code or not?

Help in this regard is hilghly appreciated.

Regards,

Krish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to replicate the material master based on company code level.

Material master replication can be done basically per logical system.

Please check this note : 519794.

Regards,

RBEI/SRM Naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your quick response, I've gone through the mentioned note but I did not find any thing about the material replication is limited to logical system only.

Also, if that is the case how to restrict a user to select a material which is created for a different company / plant.

Could some one explain this in a bit detailed way.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Krish

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SRM there is no as such connection of Company Code or Plant with material.

When you transfer material it is related to Product Category(Material Group) & then with Vendor(info records/back end contracts).

Now if you want specific material to be selected/deselected you should define it in Responsiblity tab of Organization Structure. There you define product category that can be accessed by company/purorg/purgroup/user. If product category of a certain material is not get present in Responsibility tab then materials under it will not get selected.

I hope it resolves your doubt.

Regards,

pratap_l
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Vinay,

Wanted to add a few more lines to what you have mentioned.

Additionally if you wanted to restrict users from ordering certain Products you can always restrict the same on the Extended Attributes tab in the Org Structure.

Hope this helps.!

BR// Veera Pratap.