cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Field Mapping is not mapping fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing one issue. I have one map with Join condition in it.

I am exporting the map and saving it as .map file on my desktop.

Then i try to import the same map in different environment.

Map is getting imported but issue here is that some of the fields in the map are not getting auto-mapped.

There are many fields which are not getting auto mapped. When i see the report, it says "Destination field (say)'Field1' with ID '30' is used in field mapping but it does not exist in the current repository". But those fields exist in the repository.

Also if try to map those fields manually, then these are getting mapped perfectly fine, but not by auto-mapping.

Please suggest how can i check the root cause and resolve?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rupeshsf0320
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Please refer the sap Note for the resolution.

1585119 - Mapped destination fields do not exist in the repository

Symptom:

You connect to Import Manager and open a map.
An error dialog while loading the map appears "Could not map some field(s). Do you want to see the report?"
If you choose Yes, an MDM log will open showing error such as:
"Destination field 'Product Group' with ID '47' is used in field mapping but it does not exist in the current repository"
Closing the log will open the map. The destination field that no longer exist in the repository, per the log, will not show in the map.

Solution:

Open the map and save it (File->Save). This will save the map and omit the deleted destination field(s) mapping.

Best Regards,

Rupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ankush,

Please double check if all the Joins are getting imported when you Import your map in different environment.

Rgds,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

All join conditions are getting imported but "Look up All" condition is missing for two joins out of three.

This is the case for same environment.

If i import the map in different environment, apart from these fields, some of the fields which are not related to joins are also not getting auto mapped.

I have 97 mapped fields in the map but after export-import, only 58 are getting auto mapped in different environment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Did you do a save update and close and reopen the map.

Please test and reply.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ankush,

Please confirm the following.

1. Are you getting any pop-up error while Importing the Map in different environment, which says "Unknown Exception" ?
  2. In the same environment, did you try reopening the map and check if all the join conditions including Lookup all being auto mapped?
  3. In the same environment, did you try Importing the Map and check if the join conditions and Lookup conditions are getting imported properly?

Rgds,

Prasad