SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overwriting Inventory Commitment Item during Goods Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi People,

We are implementing EA-PS at present for one of our clients to have a control on the expenditure incurred during the year.

The business prepares two types of budgets: - 1) Procurement Budget and 2) Consumption Budget. We have tried to map this requirement by having different commitment items assigned to the Inventory and Consumption GL's respectively.

Now the issue is coming at the time of Goods Issue (Movement type 201 and 261) when the Inventory Budget is getting increased by the amount of consumption booked. The business does not want this to happen.

I tried creating a derivation rule in FMDERIVE through which a dummy commitment item will get triggered for inventory GL account at the time of consumption.

Source Fields are : -

TRANSAC

FLG_INVNTRY_PSTNG

MOVE_TYPE

Target Field is

COMMIT_ITEM

But still the system is not updating the dummy commitment item. Any Inputs from you all are welcome on the same.

Regards,

Dhruv

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe, MOVE_TYPE and DR_CR_IND (debit/credit indicator) will be sufficient for your rule. Make sure, that you have set 'overwrite' option on the target field. If it still does not work, activate a trace in FMDERIVE and check what condition is not fulfilled.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe, MOVE_TYPE and DR_CR_IND (debit/credit indicator) will be sufficient for your rule. Make sure, that you have set 'overwrite' option on the target field. If it still does not work, activate a trace in FMDERIVE and check what condition is not fulfilled.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

That was a Bullseye. My only mistake was that I had not set "overwrite" option on the target field. Being new to this module, I guess these things are bound to happen.

Thanks a lot. Just another clarity needed. If the dummy commitment item is getting updated then the Fund center should also be dummy or will it be the fund center alloted to the inventory GL?

Regards,

Dhruv

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need to set also a fund centre. It's sufficient that a dummy, statistical CI is derived.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

By your statement I understand that a 'statistical commitment item' does not require a fund center. As per my original query now the system is able to overwrite the commitment item with a dummy commitment item, but is still asking for a fund center.

Please help

Regards,

Dhruv

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, I didn't say that. Some fund centre has to be there: fund centre and commitment item are the obligatory fields in FM, even if commitment item is dummy and no FM document is created (update in totals still occurs). I just thought, that you want to substitute fund centre as well and told you that you can keep it as it is. But, if it's not derived at all, then you have to set it, obviously.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thank you for correcting me. Got the clear picture now.

Regards,

Dhruv