cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VF01 | Update was terminated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am being swamped with one error after another.

I am getting "Update Termination" on using the TCode VF01. After saving the invoice, it generates the invoice number but results in an update termination. I'm attaching the screen shot of the error message.

Any pointers please.

tia.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check OSS Note 423130 - Update terminatation when create billing document and/or Note 40355 - Termination when printing serial numbers

Pet note 423130, it looks the termination happens due to the output record (t.code VV32) is set with 4-print immediately on saving. To avoid this, change the value to 3 and try again.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Shiva Ram for your help.

The oss note 423130, did the trick. The problem was with Dispatch time = '4', I asked the user to change that to 3 for all the invoices with which he had problem and it worked.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the issue is for all billing document, you need to check your pricing procedure especially on the assignment of Account Keys.  If it is only for a particular document, check in ST22

G. Lakshmipathi

brinda_r
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you creating excise invoice in background via VF01?

If yes then check whether you have maintained number range for below objects for 2012-

J_1IEXCLOC

J_1IEXCEXP

J_1IRG23A2

J_1IRG23C2

J_1IPLA2

J_1IINTNUM

The number range no should be 01 ONLY

Regards,

Brinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Brinda for your prompt reply. I checked all the number range objects for which our FI/MM consultants had maintained number ranges,the interval has always been 01.

To answer your question "Are you creating excise invoice in background via VF01". No, we are not creating excise invoice in the background but we are assigning the same number range of invoice to the FI accounting document via a user exit. The user exit, picks the plant-specific invoice number range and assigns the same to the accounting document.