cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change key figure to run snp heuristics????

former_member245036
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP,

now snp heuristic take in account current stock on hand when running. but i want to another key figure to replace key stock on hand to run snp heuristic.

For example:

Location K110 has demand 1500 and current stock on hand is 500, Key figure 'Ton kho ke hoach' is 700 so when running snp heuristic the system the number of receipt is: 1500 - 500.

But we want the system takes akey figure in account  'Ton kho ke hoach'  it means that the number of receipt is: 1500 - 700

is it OK? if it's OK please show me how to do this.

thanks so much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hung Tran,

It looks like you want to drive the SNP heuristics with your own key figures. Since it impacts the standard functionality, I would recommend change your design approach so that you will still be using the standard key figures but the values would be updated as per your requirements.

For instance, the 'Stock on Hand (Projected)' is an auxiliary key fig STOCK with key figure function set to 3004. SAP tries to create a proposal when this quantity becomes negative or less than target stock level.

Well, we can alter the std macro to meet your requirement as follows.

1. Deactivate the following steps of the standard macro 'Detailed: Stock balance'

2. Create one more step in the same macro as follows

Step x: 1 .. n iterations

After making these changes to the macro 'Detailed: Stock Balance', activate it and then load the data view (executing t.code /SAPAPO/SDP94 afresh) with your test data to see the results in expected way.

Thanks,
Rajesh

former_member245036
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP,

thanks for your support.

I've done what you guided me. but if i create second step like:

2. Create one more step in the same macro as follows

Step x: 1 .. n iterations

the system do: stock on hand = stock on hand + 'Ton kho ke hoach'

this is not my expectation. I want the system use only take in account 'Ton kho ke hoach' in stead of using 'Stock on hand' when running snp Heuristics.

please help us

thanks

hungth

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hungth,

It looks like you did not deactivate the steps that I mentioned in the first point. If you don't know how to deactivate, pl let me know.

It would also be helpful if you could post a screenshot of your macro implementation.

Thanks,
Rajesh

former_member245036
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

please tell me how to deactive step of macro.

thanks so much

former_member245036
Participant
0 Kudos

I've deactived 2 steps you suggested but i look like wrongly.

Because stock on hand cannot be assigned by 'Ton kho ke hoach'.

and snp heuristics run wrongly.

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hungth,

Could you please post the screenshot of your macro implementation to better understand the problem?

To deactivate a macro or macro step,

• Select the macro or step
  • Then, click the menu button activate/deactivate as shown below
  • Finally, generate the macro

Thanks,

Rajesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hungth,

Some comments:

1) What is the relevance of this KF "Ton kho ke hoach" for you? What does it mean? What is its relevance in SNP Heuristics?

2) You could possibly tamper with the working of SNP Heuristics, but please be aware that your changes would affect the working of this macro everywhere where you use it e.g. all SNP Heuristics run would get affected. Hope you are aware of this huge impact. If not, keep this in mind.

3) Stock on hand (projected) shows the net stock situation, so my guess is that the above proposes logic would not work, as I think you are trying to replace stock by your custom KF "Ton kho ke hoach". You don't want to replace "NET" stock by your custom KF.

4) You can't deactivate a particular step of a macro. You can deactivate the whole macro as one object. You could make some changes to macro, this cause deactivation of macro, and then you could delete the irrelevant steps. As said earlier, be very careful, these are standard macros, and it's not really a good idea to temper with them, unless you are very clear on what you are doing and understand the impact.

5) Once you explain the meaning of your KF, and also what exactly you are trying to achieve, it might be possible to propose some solution.

Thanks - Pawan

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

I agree with all the points that you mentioned except #4 i.e. making a macro step inactive. I just want to bring the following to your notice.

• It's possible to deactivate (or set status inactive) a particular macro step. Please check the following screenshot for a SNP std macro that was updated to suit our business requirement. We deactivated the std steps and added the new steps per our requirement. It's in production and working fine.

Thanks,
Rajesh

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Hmm.. I also checked that it's possible to inactivate individual steps in macro. Sorry for causing confusion. I had not seen this earlier.

Thanks - Pawan

former_member245036
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP,

My expectation is the system take inaccount KF'Ton kho KH' instead of 'Stock on hand' when running SNP Heuristics.

please help me.

thanks so much

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hungth,

As mentioned in my initial post, Stock on hand is the standard KF  with Key Figure Function.  If you want to change that maintain your key figure with key figure function and use it in standard macros that drive the calculation like 'Stock Balance', 'Safety stock, reorder point, target stock calculation', etc.

However, it is not a best practice and will create issues for you in future when you go for upgrades. Manage your client or business and set the expectations correctly.

Thanks,

Rajesh

former_member245036
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

I know but i really change, please show me how to change to get my expectation.

thanks so much

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hungth,

Are you concerned about the key figure name? If so, it's allowed to change the key figure name using t.code /SAPAPO/SDP8B so that you still can use the standard key figures but with your own names in the data view.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Rajesh