cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends ,

I am new to ABAP Dynpro .I have following requirement.

I need to put search help to an Input field.The data in search help should be fetched from another R/3 server .This should be done through RFC call.So can any one help me with step by step procedure .

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use Object Value Selector also.

Here is a step by step procedure :-

1. In your webdynpro component, create a usage (eg. ovs_usage) for WDR_OVS.

2. While defining your context node, set the Input Help mode as Object Value Selector and specify the same usage name (ovs_usage).

3. Write an event handler for the OVS callbank event that will call your function module and fetch the valueset.

Regards,

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Nithya,

I followed your procedure, but i've got an error when i tryed to test it :

Input help not possible. Component usage OVS_USAGE does not exist.

what is wrong ? is there somthing missing ?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should go to the component properties and add the component usage

follow this procedure:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/0e/496ad66c601349a730502d3ea26e05/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/0e/496ad66c601349a730502d3ea26e05/frameset.htm</a>

grtz

Koen

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to declare the component usage under 'Used Components' of your webdynpro component. The component you need to use is WDR_OVS, and declare a name for the usage that will be used in your code. Hope this helps.

Regards.,

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Nithya,

Yes i did declare the component usage under "Used component" of the webdynpro component. But i still got the error.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayaa,

Declare the same usage in the properties tab of your view also, where the search help is being used. You need to include the interface controller of the wdr_ovs component.

Regards

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayaa,

Declare the same usage in the properties tab of your view also, where the search help is being used. You need to include the interface controller of the wdr_ovs component.

Regards

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithya,

I tried to declare it in the properties of my view but still didn't work.

could it be because i've got more then 7 controller usage in my view ?

when i add a controller usage, i've got a message ' Only 7 controller usages maximum can be defined"

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in this blog you can find a solution with select options and custom F4

<a href="/people/koen.labie2/blog/2006/11/17/custom-f4-functionality-in-webdynpro-for-abap

grtz

Koen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Koen ,

Thanks a lot for your replay.I am going through it .I has really given me direction.But It seems very complecated .Lets See!.

Regards ,

Priyanka