Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to export one SAP data on oracle database to another system

manthana_c
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Guru:

How to export SAP 's data on oracle database (the whole) from one system to my PC 's directory so I can import in another oracle system.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is done using homogeneous / heterogenous system copy.

You can also use client copies depending on what you are trying to do and what "data" you need to export.

The database cannot be dumped directly to your PC.

But could you give some more details on what your are tryong to achieve ?

Regards,

Steve.

manthana_c
Contributor
0 Kudos

I would like to export only the configuation I have done with MM, SD module to PC and then I import to another SAP system. Is this possible?

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can copy the configuration only, by using the Client Copy functionality.  Depending on whether you wish to copy to a client in the same system, or to a client in another system, you use the standard client copy or the remote client copy.

The type of data you copy is controlled by selecting the appropriate Copy Profile

Information on the specific types of client copy can be found at:

Copying Clients within a System

Copying Clients between Systems

However, before you commence, I would suggest reading and understanding the entire Client Copy and Transport (BC-CTS-CCO) section of the SAP Help.

FWIW, I found these links by using google with site:help.sap.com, i.e. http://www.google.com/#q=site:help.sap.com+remote+client+copy

manthana_c
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Martin:

I have try SCC8 client export.

Please advise how to tell system to export to drive c:\

Thanks in advance.

Mandy

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can't.

Client export tools are working with /usr/sap/trans directory. You can't export the client to your PC.

Moreover, client copy/export tools will bring back the entire client configuration, ie your MM, SD, but also FI, CO , etc customizing done in the client.

If you want to get only your customizing activities then you'll have to bring back your transport requests files up to your PC.

These are stored in /usr/sap/trans/data and /usr/sap/trans/cofiles.

The file names are like K900002.DEV for cofiles, and R900002.DEV for data. Where 900002 is your transport request number and DEV your dev system SID.

Meaning K900002.DEV and R900002.DEV are the files corresponding to TR DEVK900002.

On an ECC system you can bring these files to your PC using Tx CG3Y.

Once you have them , if you want to load them in another system you'll have to give the "data" and "cofiles" files to your basis team in order to load them in the target system .

Hope this helps,

Steve.

manthana_c
Contributor
0 Kudos

I try SCC8 and start immediately. When it finished just black screen.

I take a look on  /usr/sap/trans/data and /usr/sap/trans/cofiles

nothing inside the directory at all.

please help again.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mandy,

Dear, 1st, you have to google your issue and if you did not find accurate solution then u can create a thread because you can get lot of documents via google engine.

anyways,,

you can do your task with the help of following link.

System Copy Via Export/Import

Regards,

manthana_c
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ma Jamil:

According to your document , I not have Solution Manager CD to install.

Please advise any simple way to achieve this ?