cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

runtime error - change pointer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

iam getting this error for specific users and specific material. for some reason the change pointer on this material continues to re-send every hour the material CIF.

How do we reset the change pointer for specific material?

REgards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Jim,

Could you please explain what do you mean by this line?

for some reason the change pointer on this material continues to re-send every hour the material CIF.

How are you finding this out that the change pointer is being sent very hour?

Do you have CIF jobs that are running every hour (though I would be extremely surprised if your answer is yes)?

A change pointer is processed only once (unless there is some bug in your system). There is a program to delete obsolete change pointers, but let me come to that only after hearing your reply.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pawan,

all these users had made changes to Material master, and in ST22 i could see the material #. Either the change pointer has not got transferred to APO causing a short dump in ECC?

yes we do run the program for deleting obsolete and processed change pointer.

But what i would like to know is that how to delete by material #? i tried to do this thru BDCP2 Table, but since the data is too huge i get a time out error.

do you know what are the message types?

Regards,

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Sorry, I still did not understand.

How did you find out about the issue? Are your CIF jobs failing? Or are there some other jobs failing? Or are the users facing some issue based on which you started this investigation?

If your investigation is purely based on finding out dumps in ST22, were you able to identify what action from the users triggered the dump e.g. which transaction was being accessed, or which program or which job was being tried to run?

Understanding the symptom would be very helpful in trying to identify the root cause. e.g. if your CIF job is failing, then based on the specific issue, some specific solution could be suggested.

Thanks - Pawan