cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change layout of VL06O in background job?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

can you please advise how to run VL06O (program name is WS_MONITOR_OUTB_DEL_FREE) in background with specific layout? I mean, in background output (spool) we cannot add more columns. How to proceed this requirement?

thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. With the ID you are running the batch job, set-up default layout for that ID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

can you please guide me where to setup default layout? I cannot see it in SM36. We dont want to create a Z program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

run the tcode(VL06O (program name is WS_MONITOR_OUTB_DEL_FREE)). There is a layout change button, as well as a layout save button beside it.

After saving the layout, on menu -- settings -- layout -- manage, select your layout and then menu -- edit -- define defaut setting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you save the layout, may select user specific.

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is what was already setup. We had default layout assigned and setup, but in background run we cannot see data as per this default layout...

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Spool, SP02 or SP01, select your spool file and click on icon, Display in Maximum Width.

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls ignore, this report is not possible to put in background. You need to go for z development.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear, one of the solutions - create a z program copying from WS_MONITOR_OUTB_DEL_FREE

with the specific layout you need. set up a new bacckground job with your z program/variant.

talk to abaper please.

good luck.