cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error While installing EHP5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am in a process of installation SAP EHP5.

Platform

Windows 2008 R2  on VMWare

ORacle 11G

Installation stops at Import ABAP Phase.

Error Msg -

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Execution of the command "C:\j2sdk1.4.2_19\bin\java.exe -classpath migmon.jar -showversion -Xmx1024m com.sap.inst.migmon.imp.ImportMonitor -sapinst" finished with return code 103. Output:

java version "1.4.2_19"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_19-b04)

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_19-b04, mixed mode)

Import Monitor jobs: running 1, waiting 1, completed 26, failed 0, total 28.

Loading of 'SAPAPPL2' import package: ERROR

Import Monitor jobs: running 0, waiting 1, completed 26, failed 1, total 28.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kindly Advise

Thanks

Rabah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply..

i have updated the R3trans and R3load , but still i have same problem, pls see the output of command

R3trans -d

C:\Users\vm1adm>R3trans -d

This is R3trans version 6.23 (release 720 - 27.03.12 - 17:30:00).

unicode enabled version

R3trans=>sapparam(1c): No Profile used.

R3trans=>sapparam: SAPSYSTEMNAME neither in Profile nor in Commandline

2EETW169 no connect possible: "DBMS = ORACLE                           --- dbs_o

ra_tnsname = 'VM1'"

R3trans finished (0012).

pls advise.

Thanks

Rabah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rabah,

So as I suspected R3load is not able to connect to database.

First of all please check if both database and listener are up and running.

If not start them and then again R3trans -d. If that works SAPinst hopefully would continue.

If they are up and running then please paste the trans.log (output of R3trans -d ).

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

I started the oracle and Listner service, then triggered sapinst, but this time installation hanged at Import abap phase,

when i checked the log SAPAPPL2 I see the following error.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DbSl Trace: ORA-1403 when accessing table SAPUSER

C:\usr\sap\VM1\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3load.exe: START OF LOG: 20120421111843

C:\usr\sap\VM1\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3load.exe: sccsid @(#) $Id: //bas/720_REL/src/R3ld/R3load/R3ldmain.c#13 $ SAP

C:\usr\sap\VM1\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3load.exe: version R7.20/V1.4 [UNICODE]

Compiled May 20 2011 23:28:31

patchinfo (patches.h): (0.088) DB2 z/OS: R3load does not recognize dbs_db2_sap_stosid (note 1583483)

process id 2472

C:\usr\sap\VM1\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3load.exe -i SAPAPPL2.cmd -dbcodepage 4103 -l SAPAPPL2.log -stop_on_error

DbSl Trace: ORA-1403 when accessing table SAPUSER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pls adivse..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With which user are you running the SAPINST. Is your R3trans -d success after the start of Oracle listener.

Please check the note Note 534765 - db connect fails because of wrong db schema in environment

Thanks,

Jagadish,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

pls see the output of command R3trans -s

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C:\Users\vm1adm>R3trans -d

This is R3trans version 6.23 (release 720 - 27.03.12 - 17:30:00).

unicode enabled version

R3trans=>sapparam(1c): No Profile used.

R3trans=>sapparam: SAPSYSTEMNAME neither in Profile nor in Commandline

R3trans finished (0000).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if the correct version of the JDK is installed in your system. Please check if the

environment variables are set correctly.

Unable to get information about path \\LABEL.ASC\

How are the media copied to the system.

Regards,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If upgrading the R3load does not work, try stopping the sapinst, shutdown your DB, clear out all old process, start the DB again and then start the sapinst to resume from the last step.

In case the database sessions are still exceeded, you can try and alter initSID.ora to increase the number of sessions( ideally 2 times the no. of processes)

Regards,

Sonia

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah, I had this problem before. Kernel in the 7.20 DVD does not do the trick.

Update R3load and resume the installation. If you are running an EHP5 upgrade update the R3load of the shadow system in the put directory.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please check this snote 455195.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Can you upgrade your R3load and try.

What is the RAM of your machine? How many parallel process have you mentioned for the installation?

Regards,

Sonia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like R3load is unable to connect to Database. Please check if the database is up and running along with Oracle listener. Try R3trans -d for <sid>adm user.

With Regards.

Ruchit.