cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP certification for EDI Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone suggest me SAP certifiaction for the profile - EDI Consultant ?

PROFILE: EDI consulatnt working in ALE/IDOCs; Requirement gathering from the client; Providing mapping specification (ANSI X12/XML/ Rosettanet -> IDOC); and solving IDOC related queries.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP provides some excellent training on how to find the correct certification course at https://educops.sap.com/demohub/demo/taprep/launch.htm. At that link you'll find

Part 1 - Introduction, Which Exam is Right for You
Part 2 - Certification Finder
Part 3 - Exam Contents in Detail
Part 4 - Define Your Learning Gaps
Part 5 - Supplemental Materials
Part 6 - Study Tips
Part 7 - Frequently Asked Questions

If you're in Asia Pacific, you'll need to take your training from one of the Authorized Training Partners in order to sit for the exam unless you have 2 full implementations and an authorized implementation partner to sponsor you.

In your case, though, you're asking about some fairly advanced topics. ALE and IDOCs aren't covered under any of the associate level certifications as far as I can tell. If you want to get certified, you'd have to get SAP Certified Development Professional - ABAP with SAP NetWeaver 7.0.  There are some application certifications that touch on ALE, but you seem more technical so I don't think those are applicable. You might have a hard time finding all the classes that lead to the Professional certification if you're not in the US or Europe. Most of the Asia Pacific Institutes focus on getting freshers through the basics from what I can tell.

The curricula that include ALE, Business Integration Technology and SAP NetWeaver Process Integration - Process Integration Technology I, don't seem to have certifications associated with them, although you could get a PI certification (Development Associate - Process Integration 7.3 with SAP NetWeaver) as the same mapping/translation skills apply.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

--Tom

Answers (0)