Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ME Webservice for DM520 and custom data field

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a new requirement from business, they want to use the MII import some data into SAP ME database, a proposal would be, create a external serial number into SAP ME as SFC number, and then update some other parameters into SFC level custom data fields against the SFC number, here are my questions for the ME webservice:

1. As far as I know, the DM520 activity supports an external SN to be created as SFC number when sending a START transaction, does this activity or logic support by ME webservice? As I know, ME webservice has the functionality to send the START transaction to SAP ME;

2. If item 1 is possible, then does the ME Webservice support to send the UPDATE custom fields against the SFC number? If so, which webservice we can use for this fearure?

3. Currently we are using the ME5.1 and on the way to ME5.2, would the above ME webservice have differenence between those two version?

Thanks a lot and best reagrds,

Leon Lu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

I have worked out one solution for my question, let MII call the ProductionInterface and DataExchange interfaces directly rather than using the ME WebService, this should work to us, but if you can let me know if the ME WebService can handle this, that would be better.

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Leon Lu