Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

f4 on select-option triggers dump

former_member182337
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created 4 select-options in my webdynpro. For one of the select-option, if i press f4 i get a dump that " No field symbols is assigned". For all other

Select-options there is no issue. Please find below my code

free lr_field.

lr_field = wd_this->m_helper->create_range_table( `ZROLE` ).

wd_this->m_helper->add_selection_field(

i_id           = `ZROLE`

i_within_block = `BL01`

it_result      = lr_field

i_value_help_structure = 'ZTROLES_OWNERS'

i_value_help_structure_field = 'ZROLE').

The table mentioned for help exist and the field exists as well. The check table is linked to the standard table.

Please help.

Thanks,

Prem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The dump is not occurring in the mentioned code snippet. It would occur in action method of select option. check whether the field symbol is assigned correctly or not. Go to st22 transaction and check te line at which the short dump occurs. Also check your structure is activated properly.

Hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran.

former_member182337
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

The error is occuring at  the class interface CL_WDR_SELOPT_SHLP_CONTEXT====CP in the method IF_WDR_SHLP_CONTEXT_MANAGER~GET_VALUES .

The structure is activated and the f4 works fine for all other select-options except for one. I am not sure if it happens on the on action button because the code logic for that gets triggered only when i press execute. The dump occurs when i press f4 on the selection screen itself.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is standard class. I suggest you to keep break point in onaction method of select options and check where it is going for dump.

Regards,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to transaction  ST22 and see if you can locate the exact line where your code fails.

regards

yuval peery

former_member182337
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Too stupid of me..The check table was not correct..aahhh..how could i miss it?Thanks to all for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a similar issue, can you help me prem

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vickyokrm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Prem ,

could please explain me the scenario briefly.

Thanks,

Vignesh