cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving the datafiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Am moving the datafiles from BR*Tools. Need one suggestion -  whether I need to do it while application and database are down? I presume at least we need to lock all the users from loggin in or down the application to avoid any write operation to tsp's while moving....

please suggest.

Regards,

Srihari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srihari,

When moving the datafiles SAP has to be shutdown. Database needs to be shutdown and then started in mount phase. This is when you do using SQL statements. When using brtools the application is smart enough to tell you about these basic pre-requisites and normally should prompt for these actions or would simply do them on their own.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit/Rajesh,

Thanks for your replies. I will proceed with db and application down for moving data files.

Regards,

Srihari

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

While moving the data file definitely user should be locked to avoid any new postings.

To perform this activity it would be better to down the system.

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your reply. I will also stop the background jobs running on the app server. please let me know if any important step(s) to be taken from avoiding data inconsistencies. I presume, i need to check db and update the stats after moving data files ... correct?

Am doing this for the first time. please provide inputs, if any... thanks for your help once again!

Regards,

Srihari