cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Scenario | problem with currency conversion ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm working on an export scenario, where the Sales Doc net value(Header) is around 25,00,000 (25 lakhs) Japanese Yen. The same is passed onto invoice and posted into account doc. Everything is fine till now.

But in printout the value is coming as 25,000 Japanese Yen, we have debugged and noticed that the value 25,000 is straight from VBRP table, not sure how?

In the pricing procedure, for subtotals, KOMP-KZWI1 is used.

What am I missing? and what could have caused this.

tia.

Message was edited by: SAP SD_Newbie Newbie Spelling correction

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with your abap person how the field was declared.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I took help from ABAP team and according to them the variable, field, number of digits everything seem to be ok.

Also, I'm having this problem only with Yen, with other currencies there is no problem. I created a test case with same parameters and gave the value as 444 JPY but in the printout it appears as 4.44 JPY.

The Sales order, delivery, invoice, accounting doc are all fine. The problem is only with printout.

Do I need to do something here: IMG --> SAP NetWeaver --> General Settings --> Currencies ?

I am attaching the screen shots of my pricing procedure, and one routine used for better clarity. 

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check the user profile parameters.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checked the TCode: SU01D of the user,

the Decimal Notation is X 1,234,567.89... but I am also having the same problem... not sure if this is user-specific problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a bit puzzling to me.

In VA03, VF03 in the header details... the net value field (NETWR) shows the correct value (example above 444 JPY).

But in VBAK, VBRP the field NETWR is saved as 4.44, how come? The subtotals used in my pricing procedure (screen shot in my previous post) are they the culprit?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all of you for your excellent inputs. I am marking this as resolved.

This has been a learning for me, although I knew that Japanese Currency didnot have decimals but was not sure of how SAP would incorporate that.

Thanks a zillion to Shiva Ram, I have gone through the OSS notes 153707, 886532, 1240163 that you provided, downloaded them, examined and our ABAP team has applied a validation based on "VBAK-WAERK (SD Document Currency)".

Thanks once again all you.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a standard problem in SAP for Japanese YEN in Smartform. You need to inform your ABAPer that they need to do a special coding for Japan in smartform.

I had a similar problem too in my client. This problem is only for 2-3 countries in SAP since these countries do not have a decimal. For example in INR we have Rs and PAisa. In USD we have $ and Cents. But in YEN there is no decimal like paisa or cent. Hence the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the number of digits that the specific field can accommodate in the output.

Please create a document with a netvalue in two or three digits. Check the output and post the result.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Discuss with the ABAP programer and if needed change the output program to pull the values from subtotals field.

Regards,