Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP_ALL - Will this get assigned indirectly also thro Reference User or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

Although i dont see SAP_ALL being assigned to any user as such, a few things are a bit confusing.

WF-BATCH - is seen as communication user with Profile SAP_ALL. Which belongs to SUPER admin group.
WF-BATCH is assigned reference User : RCF_ADMIN.

This reference user RCF_ADMIN has 4 roles assigned

Does that mean WHOMSOEVER is assigned Reference user RCF_ADMIN would ALSO get SAP_ALL ??

Though the system does not reflect to be so, am a bit confused.

Because, .
This reference user has been assigned for HR for e-recruitment related.

When i search on SUIM >where user list>users>SAP_ALL >SHOWS WF-BATCH Last column says RCF_ADMIN as reference user.

BUT when i search RCF_ADMIN with profile SAP_ALL - IT SAYS NO DATA IS SELECTED.
search on suim>whwere user list>roles>SAP_ALL==>no data is selected.

Although technically it seems ok, am a bit confused

SAP_ALL - Will not this get indirectly assigned through reference user - in the scenario above.

Or am I missing something in understanding technically as to how things internally work within SAP.

Thanks
indu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

Does that mean WHOMSOEVER is assigned Reference user RCF_ADMIN would ALSO get SAP_ALL ??

Answer is NO

Any User with reference user will get the refence user (RCF_ADMIN, in your case 4 roles) access (Roles & Profiles) + any access assigned to the user himself.

Regards,

Ajesh.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

Answer is NO

Any User with reference user will get the refence user (RCF_ADMIN, in your case 4 roles) access (Roles & Profiles) + any access assigned to the user himself.

Regards,

Ajesh.

0 Kudos

Hi Ajesh.

Thanks. The check on the system says - not assigned to others.

But somehow the modality how it takes and whether it is really not taking or not.

Will it not take it indirectly? Hence this request was posted.

Thanks again.

indu

0 Kudos

Hi Indu,

It will not take indirectly.

Any user with reference user, will get his own access + Reference user access.

No cross reference of another user, with the same reference user will be taken in to account.

Regards,

Ajesh.