cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User exit for Storage Location Stocks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement, in which we have excluded some storage locations to be considered for MRP, in ECC. However, we also want these S/locs to be exculded for planning in APO. What I understand is, there is some other way to restrict the stocks being considered in APO, other than adding an altering the USER EXIT.

So now, firstly, I want to know, is there any other way through which I can restrict this specific S-Loc stocks? If so, how ?

and Secondly, if altering the User Exit is the only solution then - which is that User Exit and how can I tweek it?

Waiting for your valued replies.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

PP.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PP,

You could change the category of the stock from the specific storage location while it comes to APO in CIF, and then exclude this category from the relevant planning module case-by-case. (You used a very generic word "planning". Depending on what module/functionality you are talking about, approach might be different in APO for a solution).

Otherwise, you could use exit APOCF011 with Function Module EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_STOCK_001 to block the CIF of storage location stock altogether. Then this storage location stock goes out of picture in APO. You could also use this same exit if you want to change the category of the stock to a custom stock.

PS: Within standard APO, it would not be possible to "exclude" certain storage locations for planning as far as I know. If it's possible for you to "block" the storage-location stock in R/3, then the stock would become irrelevant for planning in APO also. Otherwise, it would get considered within APO after CIF.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Thanks a lot for your quick response and valued inputs.

I would like to clear some of my doubts:

1) In your 1st paragraph, you mentioned to change the category of the stock for that specific s-loc. Ok ! But after that, how can I restrict this stock for "planning" in APO. Here, "planning" means - SNP Heu run.

2) If I incorporate the User Exit for blocking the specific S-loc Stock, and say after a few months, I again wish to get these s-loc stocks back in APO, will I be able to do so ? I havent much worked on it, hence asking this question.

3) Business wants to use this stock, hence cannot make this stock as BLOCKED.

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

PP.

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PP,

1) Your normal stock would come to APO as category CC (unrestricted use stock). You coudl create a custom category similar to CC, and then during CIF, you would assign your storage location stock to this custom category. Then it goes out of SNP purview but would exist in APO. If you then need to use this stock in SNP in some way, you could create a custom category group, assign this custom category to that custom category group and then assign the custom category group to some KF (Key Figure) in which you would like to display the value for this storage location stock. You can then use this custom key figure for any calculations or reporting purpose.

2) You could keep a tab on the storage location for which stock is to be blocked by using a custom table in which you could specify which storage location should be blocked, or which storage location - location combination should be blocked. You coudl then read data from this table in the exit. When you want to un-block a storage location stock, simply take it out from the table. If you don't have such a felxible code, then your developer would need to either deactivate the exit or change the code so that "blocking" would become ineffective.

3) Understand. We need to live around the business requirement.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, Thanks a lot Man. . Will work on this and will keep you updated !!
Thanks again and take care.

Regards,

PP.

Answers (0)