cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing document not able to release to FI due to multiple business areas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a billing document with different plants which means with different business areas. I am not able to release this billing document to FI.

Can any one tell me how SAP standard will handle this type of scenarios. Like which business area should go to customer account in accounting document?

Thanks

Ratna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The standard feature is if any billing documents have multiple business areas, then in the corresponding FI postings, business area would be blank.  This being the case, I am not sure, why in your case, accounting document has not generated.  Have you checked in VFX3 where system shows the detailed explanation for not posting ?

In order to avoid this problem, you need to add a coding in your existing routine assigned in VTFL to split the billing document based on business area.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thank you for your reply. FI consultant did something and now I am able to release to accounts but as you said business area is blank.

Is there any satandard solution to split the amounts as per the business area and getting business area filled (apart from coding) ?

Ratna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratna

Can you please let is what is that FI consultant did? This would help us all in understanding the issue and the solution for it

Waseem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one update on this.

Ratna