cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing problem in Generation of multiple files using dynamic configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working of RFC to file interface, where my RFC consists multiple number of employee numbers, and one employee consists it own number of Data records,

so based on emp number and last name of the employee i need to generate the that number files at target receiver in same folder. I am using dynamic configuration process to generate file name dynamically at runtime. but here problem is when data sent for  multiple employees , file name is generating the only first employee data only and rest of emp records same file name is getting assigned.

for exmaple

my rfc having

emp 1, abcd, we,39,p3

emp 1, abcd, gh,45,p1

emp 2, edcv, gh,45,p2

emp 2, edcv, jh, 23,p4

my output files should be

file one

emp 1, abcd, we,39,p3

emp 1, abcd, gh,45,p1

file two

emp 2, edcv, gh,45,p2

emp 2, edcv, jh, 23,p4

this i achived in mapping, but now the issue is file name genration, file name is getting gerating only for emp1abcd ( for 1st file), but not generating for emp2edcv ( for 2nd file)

please advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

As suggested you can go for Variable substitution, get the file name in one of the fields and refer that path as a variable in the variable name section.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Combining+three+different+aspects+of+PI+in+one+shot

set the File Construction Mode as 'Append' in receiver channel to have one file for each employee.

-Zameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

chk this :

http://scn.sap.com/people/praveen.gujjeti/blog/2011/03/29/multi-mapping-assigning-asmas-for-child-me...

otherwise u can think of going with variable substitution (there is one wiki on SDN chk for the same)

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are using multi-mapping in your case. You can't use Dynamic configuration with multi-mapping unless you use ccBPM. You may however try using Adapter modules.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava