Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Release

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a requirement of the client, that project should be released at the last level WBS only. So is there any idea, how to control user, so that user can not release at any other level other last level WBS.

Thanks in advance,

Soubhagya Rout

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Most simple way is the combination of user status and authorization matrix combination. Automation of setting user status is not possible in standard system.

Ideally you should convince your client and implement this. This will avoid unnecessary developments & complexities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the functionality of User Status. Configure a user status to prohibit the release. Assign this user status to all the WBS elements except the last level. There is some manual intervention required here, but this is the most simplest and standard way. You can also maintain authorizations for User status and allow only the concerned people to set this user status.

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Thanks for your reply. I've configured that in the system but the problem is manual change of user status is not acceptable to client. Is there any possibility, so that system will automatically change the user status.

Thanks

Soubhagya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is very clear that you will release Level 4 WBS Element only,you can use valdiation to prevent release of other WBS Elements.

Regards,

B P Singh

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've tried it earlier, but i don't have any clue what should be the entry in check as my prerequisite is project definition = 'X' and level <> 4.

Please let me know what should be there in check.

Thanks,

Soubhagya

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please help me to get out of this.

Thanks,

Soubhagya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is suggestible to maintain 'user status' for controlling the releasing of wbs elements (other than 4th level WBS elements) and also u can control the same through validation or  by maintain separate authorization matrix.

There is no automation process for releasing 4th wbs elements automatically.

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

User status is simple standard way of doing this but if you don't want manual steps in this use validation functionality.

I agree that in validation you don't have any existing parameter to mention in check but you can use exit to write the required fuctionality to check the status.

I believe with this you can meet your requirement.

Pramod