Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Release check through user status

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to put a check on Budget Release (T code - CJ32) but at certain WBS level (2nd, 3rd & 4th level) through user status which should be activated in that particular WBS level automatically.

Example:-

Here I've 4 levels of WBS. I want to do budgeting at all the levels but release should be done at only 1st level. So that during release except the 1st level all other levels should be in display mode.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are doing budgeting at 4 Levels of WBS Elements and releasing budgeting at Level 1 WBS Element only.You won't be able to achieve anything. Can you please explain what exactly you want to do by doing this?

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As my availability control at budget release, it will check the 1st level WBS release budget. So if the budget exceed at 4th level then the system will not stop you, unless the budget exceed at 1st level WBS release budget. So i want to disable all other levels except the 1st level during budget release, so that no one can enter budget at other levels except 1st level during release.

Can it be controlled through user status or validation/substitution?

Thanks,

Soubhagya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your released budget can never exceed the allocated one irrespective of the level of WBS element.2nd thing is that if you have allocated budget to a WBS element then the actual postings at this wbs element will be checked against the released budget of this particular WBS Element irrespective of release budget of its superior level WBS Elements.So if you planning to release budget of Level 1 WBS Element,it will not allow posting at lower level WBS Elements.So it is going to serve no purpose.It would be better if you allocate budget at Level 1 WBS Element only.

Regards,

B P Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your released budget can never exceed the allocated one irrespective of the level of WBS element.2nd thing is that if you have allocated budget to a WBS element then the actual postings at this wbs element will be checked against the released budget of this particular WBS Element irrespective of release budget of its superior level WBS Elements.So if you planning to release budget of Level 1 WBS Element,it will not allow posting at lower level WBS Elements.So it is going to serve no purpose.It would be better if you allocate budget at Level 1 WBS Element only.

Regards,

B P Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regards,

B P Singh

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry to say sir, you don't know how system behaves during budget release. I've implemented in couple of projects in this manner. My concerned is not over the system behavior on release budget.

My only concerned is that whether it is possible to disable an entry in certain levels during budget release. Can it be controlled through user status or validation/substitution.

If you don't know, please don't misguide anyone.

Thanks,

Soubhagya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can prevent the release of Budget at lower level WBS Elements by assigning User status (which does not allow release of budget) to Lower Level WBS Elements.

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can this user status be triggered automatically.

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please give some of your valuable suggestion.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

User status can not be automated in the standard system. Some one (project manager or any authorized person for that matter) can set the user status, to carry out further business transactions.

I hope it is clear to you now.