cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger CPS event from SAP PI interface pipeline

0 Kudos

Is there any way to trigger a CPS event from SAP PI  (7.3 java only) interface pipeline steps. This event should be triggered when there is message that is being processed by PI interface.

Detailed requirement.

I have File -- > SAP PI --> ECC interface. CPS is used to monitor message processing steps in SAP PI and ECC and show expections. When file is being processed by PI, I want that to send event to CPS, so that CPS can complete PI step. Same way, ECC will also generate SAP event when message is reached ECC.

Anand.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean by "I want that to send event to CPS, so that CPS can complete PI step."? Which PI step is being completed by CPS here?

Are you talking aboout capturing only errors in message processing through CPS?

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

I am planning to use CPS to monitor end to end process status. There will be three steps in one CPS job. First step to be completed when File is generated by Legacy application. Second step is to be completed by PI when it receives message. ECC will complete third step.

In this process, if any of three applications fails to complete step, CPS will fail complete job. Also will help to identify application (Legacy, PI or ECC) where the process is failed.

Anand.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no standard way in which you can achieve this. You may however do some workaround. E.g. in your scenario, at sender channel, you may Archive the processed file and raise CPS event based on appearance of the file in Archive folder. This can ensure that the message is being processed by PI. Another way could be add additional receiver for file system of ECC where you send the transformed file and keep CPS looking for such file. This scenario will ensure that the message is processed in PI.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

0 Kudos

Hi Prateek, Appreciate your reply.

There are two issues with file watcher approach;

1- CPS will not be able to associate file with Job. Say there are two jobs at a time, one failed while second processed. On time stamp basis, CPS might associate wrong file with job.

2- Say for first run, CPS finds the file in the folder and marks step as completed. This file again need to be moved to other folder, otherwise following job might confuse with file existance.

There are other workarounds I can deploy within PI pipeline (say write adapter module, UDF etc.) but I am looking for some cleaner way.

Anand.