cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Optimizer - how to proceed?

0 Kudos

Hi all,

we work with a SAP Solution Manager 4.0 system with ST 400 Package Level 009 - SAPKITL419 and want to use the maintenance optimizer function.

done:

-

- created logical system and solution with maintenance project

- activated http-service in tcode SICF, so that maintenance optimizer could be started at all

- set target Change Request management system to "none" in customizing (sm30 -> bcos_cust)

- I already implemented SAP notes 997780 & 990534 as it was mentioned within another question here in SDN.

- implemented SAP note to avoid loss of product version after selection in a new maintenance process

Problems/questions:

-

1.)tcode solution_manager -> solution -> operations -> change management -> support packages -> maintenance optimizer -> it opens, I enter a description and a priority, choose my product version -> my system. By pressing "continue" only the message "process 00000xx saved" appears leaving behind a new entry in the maintenance list. How do I have to proceed in order to get to step 2 as it is described within help (help.sap.com -> solution manager 4.0 -> english -> searched for maintenance optimizer)

How to deal with these entries?

2.)Are there any prerequisites with regard to interactions between SAP and my SolMan system except for the requires RFC-Connections in order to get on with the maintenance optimizer? Starting RTCCTOOL says, everything is updated and configured correctly.

3.)What meaning do s-users (tcode AISUSER) on the one hand and message processors on the other hand have?

Thanks for your hints…

regards

Dominik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Dominik,

Regardin point 1, I suppose you applied note 1008717 in order to be able to fill out the data in step 1.

Once you choose the Product version, you see the system and Logical component to select under?

When you go to Continue botton, Select Files step 2, do you get something?

2) Do you have installed the Download Manager?

3) What meaning do s-users (tcode AISUSER) on the one hand and message processors on the other hand have?

The S-user is the user used to logon to SAP SMP in order to get the files you want to download

The Message processor is the user in SOLMAN system who is taking care of the download and probably in the support packages application.

Best regards,

Dolores

0 Kudos

Hello Dolores,

thx for your quick reply!

1. I had already implemented note 1008717, too. I was writing about note 1022797. But no matter

My problem: Nothing happens after step 1. Only the "save"-mesage appears, step 2 does not show up at all... do you have an idea what happens between step 1 and 2? I supposed that maybe a connection to SAP fails...

2. Yes, DM is installed at my Desktop and works. Why?

I had no chance to select files so far.

3. Thx for this info, how do I deal with the s-user after saving it within AISUSER. Do I have to configure a special RFC-Connection?

regards

Dominik

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

Your question 3 scared me

In solman system, did you configure points?

- Check Connection to SAP

- Assign S-user for SAP Support Portal functionality

- Maintain User for Communication with SAP Service and Support

- Check New Connections to SAP

Maybe this is the reason of not getting the second step in the Maintenance Optimizer.

Before running Maintenance Optimizer you must go throuth all SPRO steps under SAP Solution Manager. The steps before I think are mandatory but the recommendation would be configure the SOLMAN before using.

When you get step 2 the Download manager is the way to download the files.

Let me know how is going on, best regards,

Dolores

0 Kudos

Hi again,

my supposition was, that there´s got to be anything else to be configured.

Nevertheless I worked through the mentioned Customizing steps again:

- Check Connection to SAP

->Connections work fine.

- Assign S-user for SAP Support Portal functionality

->User asigned within tcode AISUSER.

- Maintain User for Communication with SAP Service and Support

->User maintained and succesfully tested in tcode solution_manager -> edit -> global settings

- Check New Connections to SAP

->Connection checked and configured with "1_PUBLIC"

In step 1 I enter a description, set the priority and select my system. After clicking "continue" a message "procedure xxxxx saved" appears within the status bar. Just the same like clicking on step 2.

What does usually happen when clicking "continue"? Is there any log or something. No new screen or browser appears.

Regards

Dominik

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Dominik,

Please apply note 1008717 and let me know if the problem is solved.

Best regards,

Dolores

0 Kudos

Already "Completely implemented".

Is it correct, that customizing entries in "bcos_cust" only imply target systems for CRM and Service Messages?

I set CHARM_DEST and OSS_MSG to "NONE", because it´s our test system. Does OSS_MSG have something to do with MO? It was not mentioned within the customizing step for MO.

regards

Dominik

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

In a full customize SOLMAN 4.0 system this are the entries in table

bcos_cust:

CHARM W NONE CUST620 1.0

CHARM_DEST W NONE CUST620 1.0

OSS_MSG W NONE CUST620 1.0

OSS_MSG has nothing to do with MO as far as I imagine.

Best regards,

Dolores

0 Kudos

Hi again,

after checking self-diagnosis and endless trying I found the reason...

I needed latest addon of ST-SER : 700_2006_2 (still had 700_2006_1)

Just didn´t spend enough attetion to this point when customizing

Thx a lot for your help.

Points given.

Dom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Doinik Bruckner

I have installed the Solution Manager 4 and I want to configure the Maintenance Optimizer on the Solution Manager. SAP Router has been installed and SAP employee has established the connection upon our requests.

I have following software component on SM4 which never upgrade by the highest level. The following Software Component and patch level defining down.

SAP_BASIS

SAP_APA

PI_BASIS

ST_PI

SAP_BW

SAP_AP

BBPCRM

CPRXRPM

ST

ST-A/PI

ST-ICO

ST-SER

SAP KERNEL ( is apply the Abap / Java Kernel or both kernel ?)

WHAT ABOUT THOSE COMPONENT SHOULD BE UPGRADE BY HIGHEST LEVEL BEFORE DEPLOYING THE MAINTENANC OPTIMIZER.

Please advise us urgent and if you have any best practice about the configuration of maintenance Optimizer please share us the link or sent me email on anwer@azcoldstores.net

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BASIS

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Anwer,

To avoid problems I will go to stack 9 for ABAP and Java components.

Please also check:

1) In the SAP Service Marketplace quicklink: solutionmanager under Media Library -> Use Case Presentations, there is a presentation about SAP Solution Manager - Maintenance Optimizer available.

2) There is also a new quicklink in the SAP Service Marketplace called: solman-mopz where you can find additional information.

3) A colletive SAP Note: 1024932 has been created

Hope this helps,

Dolores

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is Change Request Management Required for Maintenance Optimizer? Basically, I guess, the pre-reqs for this is the configuration of TMS, correct? Then do the customizing the IMG as you described in BDOS_CUST?

IGNORE - it is not required per the FAQ.

Message was edited by:

Thomas Stockli

0 Kudos

You don´t have to configure the Change Management completely. As far as I can remember, BDOS_CUST entry is enough.

Regards

Dom

Answers (0)