Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to check-out code

former_member589778
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Some existing user locked the xml file. Now i want to make changes on that. I am not able to check-out the code and it is giving error "this file locked by so and so user".

We checked DTR for pending open activity for that user, but no activities exist.

Can anybody through light on this, how can I checkout code and will make changes.

Thanks,

Srinivasu.Y

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

indeed a resource that is part of an activity that is a "delete activity", cannot be checked out (since the resource(s) belonging to this activity will be deleted once the "delete activity" is checked-in).

I understand that you cannot see any pending activities in CBS webui, but could you please use the DTR webui's "Activity Search" to find this activity? Please also ask the developer in question to check in his NWDS if he has checked-out these resources for delete.

Best Regards,

Ervin

former_member589778
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks for your response. Previous developer done changes almost 2 years back and he is not available now. I checked in DTR and found some activates, most of the XML files he checked in and we are not able to change.

Guide me on this.

Thanks,

Srinivasu.Y

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivasu,

please go to the DTR webui, locate the activities which are problematic, and trigger "Revert activity" action from the toolbar. It looks like a blue circular arrow icon. There you can get rid of these activities.

Let me know please if you are able to revert the changes.

Best Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivasu,

did the instructions help to resolve the problem?

Thank you and Best Regards,

Ervin

former_member589778
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

thanks for your help. Issue hasbeen resolved.

Regards,

Srinivasu.Y

Answers (0)