Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Auth Object created not Working!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I created a new auth object in SAP restricting access on WERKS and BUKRS. This new object has been enabled in 5 new custom Z reports. For 2 reports it is working fine but for the remaining 3 it is calling for other SAP standard objects and org fields like Pur Org. The developer says there is no restriction on the standard auth objects. Not sure sure what the problem could be.

Would need any expert opinion on this 🙂

Regards,

Yogesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Firstly, please ask the user to debug the Program/Report Transaction where and check where actually the newly created authorization object created for restricting Company Code and Plant should work.

Further, please check if Authorization Check statements have been implemented in the program for the new Authorization Object.

Please check if you have added the new Authorization object to the Report Transaction in SU24 and maintained Authorization Object CHECK -> YES.

Regards

Sumanth

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

The report might be calling some standard objects(functional module, includes, program codes...) and those standard objects might have restriction on the auth objects.

With help of develper you can debug the issue and check where exactly the authorization check is.

Regards,

Ajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Firstly, please ask the user to debug the Program/Report Transaction where and check where actually the newly created authorization object created for restricting Company Code and Plant should work.

Further, please check if Authorization Check statements have been implemented in the program for the new Authorization Object.

Please check if you have added the new Authorization object to the Report Transaction in SU24 and maintained Authorization Object CHECK -> YES.

Regards

Sumanth

0 Kudos

Thanks Sumanth & Ajesh,

I am checking with our developer and trying to find out the issue as per your recommendation.

Will get back to you as soon as have more details.

Regards,

yogesh

0 Kudos

Also tell the developer to check on the attributes tab whether there is a logical database assigned to the 3 reports which are making the additional checks.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Julius,

I checked with the developer and he is looking at the logical database now. It seems to be a huge analysis now.

Is there any way we can exclude all authority checks in the program and just restrict on the new object that I created. We are in an urgency for a business go live and this analysis will unfotunately take too much time?

Regards,

yogesh

0 Kudos

What logical databases are you using? Have you run the trace and found out how many extraobjects are being checked ?

Regards,

Ajesh.