Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP for Customer Order with Project Stock

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm doing some tests and I have created a new project.
I also created a a sales order with an item with special stock indicator Q, so I assigned a WBSE from the project to it.

I can see in MD04 the requirement under the WBS as Project Stock but when I run the MRP is not creating a Planned Order (as it does with the same material when the requirement is out the project).

Do you know what settings I should do in order to have planned orders generated for Project Stock requirements too?

Thanks for your help.

Fortian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please plan the material in the project network and run project MRP

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Abdul Khader,

I have planned the material (one unit) in the project network (reservation for a WBS) but now the MRP is creating me a planned order with quantity 2: one for the reservation and one for the sales order.

What am I doing wrong? I guess I might not be making a correct approach... any idea?

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think you are running MRP at plant level. Please run MRP at project level - MD51

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You were right, I was running MD03, but now, I've tested with MD51 and I am getting the same result: a Planned Order to fulfil the requirement in the network and the requirement in the sales order.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

normally MD51 considers only the materials planned / attached in the project network. bit confused with this issue. lets wait for some other expert advise as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please use planning stratagy in a such way that requirements from sales order are not planned but only displayed and MRP only takes into consideration of project related requirements and you use sales order only for delivery.

thank you

Mahendra

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Mahendra Dighe I would have a look to planning strategies as I am not familiar to them.

But do you know if it's possible to the MRP to take into consideration the sales order requirement even though there are no reservations at the network? (as I try to ask at the beginning of the thread).

Regards,

Fortian

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I must do some more tests but it seems Strategy "21 Make-to-order prod./ project settlement" works fine!

Thanks

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Fortian,

Please check strategy 85 in materials.

thanks

Sunil

Answers (0)