cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forbit user to cancel SD billing docs which has been cleared by incoming payment

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our system, user is able to cancel the SD billing docs which has been cleared by incoming payment. Through, the user will be informed by the message VF216 "Document &1 saved (no automatic clearing of billing document &2)", they will ignore this message commonly. Because there are lots of similar cases, our AR data is in a mess. So, I wonder if these is a method in SAP to prevent users from cancelling SD billing docs which has been cleared by incoming payment. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to VOFA, select your billing type and assign routine 29 to the field "Copying Requirements"

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ganesan

Thanks for your advice. I noticed that routine 29 is marked as a copying requirements routine example. So, I think maybe we should copy the routine and revise it according to our customizations. Is it?

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once you assign the "Copy control" 29 to your billing type, user will be restricted from cancelling the Cleared invoices.

System won't allow you user to cancel the invoice which was already sent to Customer and received the payment after updating the "Copy control 29" to your billing type.

Ex - Billing type is "F1", assign 29 to it and simulate a transaction. F-28 is for Customer payment receipt.

Hope you understand.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am so glad you asked this question.  Although this doesn't happen often, our users are also able to cancel an SD invoice after it has been paid and/or cleared as well.  I was researching for a resolution to this problem and find the information provided by G Lakshmipathi and Narasimhulu Konnipati very helpful!  Thank you for sharing this information! 

I hope you have a wonderful afternoon!

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem here is that your users shouldn't be canceling invoices. You should only cancel invoices that haven't been sent to customers (otherwise you should use a credit memo). Your invoices have been sent to the customer, and paid for. Something is very wrong in your process for you to have those cancellations.

If you really want to implement a validation, you should put it in a copy control requirement formula.