cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Copy on Abap+ Java System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I performed a system copy and source was Production system and Target was Quality system.

Its a Dual stack system.System copy was done using sapinst and Abap was restored using Oracle DB backup from Production system.

Java was exported from the test system and the same dump was used while performing the system copy.

After the installation Java instance does not come up as Abap was copied from Prod and Java was copied from Test.

I raised an SAP message and got a reply that SAP will not support this kind of System Copy

I cannot restore the system back to its state before system copy as there are is no File system Backup available.

I guess im only left with only option.

Uinstall Java using sapinst (This would cleanup all the file systems.. /usr/sap/SID and sapmnt/SID/global/data and would drop

the schema SAPSR3DB and Drop Tablespace PSAPSR3DB)

Take Java export from Production system and then retry the system copy using SAPINST.(i.e Oracle Restore and Java export)

Not sure if the above step would work but i would appreciate if i can get any pointers regarding solving the above issue.

Regards,

Ershad Ahmed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Arshad,

the following link might be helpful in your scenario.

System Copy on Abap+ Java System

Regards,

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ershad Ahmed,

What you can try now is ensure the your java cluster is matched with the cluster ID in database. You may need to cross check it in configtool and instance.properties/ instance profile. Change to match the cluster ID in database.

Also, ensure correct hostname set in Configtool -> Global Dispatcher, Server -> ClusterManager & InstanceManager.

Give it a try,

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang