Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Number ranges for Inspection type

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi QM Guys,

My client don't use PP module. We are implementing QM module. They check Quality at In process & Post finished product level. No automatic inspection lot created because has No PP process. So I want to check the Quality at both the mentioned process. How can I create the Inspection lot?
Can I create the Inspection lot by using lot origin 89 ?

How can I arrange the two different number ranges for the inspection type?

Please suggest me....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rahul,

Let's take a step back.  You might not use PP but you must be putting the material into the system in some manner.  Second, are you batch managed?   And when are you attempting to enter results in relation to when the material is created in system.

This is important.  If the material is batch managed you won't be able to create the 89 lot until the batch is created.  So you must be prepared to manually create the batch number via MSC1n prior to creating the lot.  If you aren't batch managed it shouldn't be a problem, but you will need to know the qty.  Which depending on when you want to record results, you might or might not have an actual qty.  In that case, you would probably have to record the in-process results after production is complete and you know the qty.

When you receipt the material into SAP you might be able to create an inspection lot based on the material movement, an 08 inspection lot possibly.  It depends on what material movement you use to put product into your system.  So how do you bring product in?

Lastly, if you are batch managed, and want results to transfer to the batch record, you have to make sure you make the UD on the in-process results first and the finished product results second.  Otherwise you in-process results could be on the batch record for any characteristics that are tested both in-process and post-production.

FF

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable reply..

Here we don't use process order. Thats why I am using Inspection type 89.

Please suggest for different no. ranges. How can I assign the two different no. ranges for Inspection type 89?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi it is not possible to assign 2 different no ranges for 1 inspection lot origin .

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rahul,

The number ranges are defined at lot origin level. My question is why you really need 2 distinct number ranges if you can still identify these lots separately on the basis of inspection type.

Elaborately, lets say you have defined 2 inspection types Z8901 and Z8902 for in-process and final inspection respectively.  Even though the inspection lots for both these types will begin with 89, you can run many reports based on inspection type as main filtering criterion. Number range anyhow doesn't have the significance apart from identifying unique record in the database.

Regards, Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For 89 inspection type you can create it but its a manual inspection type and ll not be linked to anything. Better go for automatic inspection lot creation .

You can define no ranges only for inspection lot origin  but not for the inspection type (Inspection types are linked to the inspection lot origin..

regards,

Smruti