cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM upgrade from SRM 5.0 to SRM 7.01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SRM Gurus,

We are upgrading from SRM 5.0 to SRM 7.01 .

I have few queries:

1. How to handle customer fields created in SRM 5.0 to that in SRM 7.01. Also since BBP*CUF* Badi is obselete in SRM 7.01. How to handle dynamic changes happening to the customer fields  .

Does the SAP provides some standard way to accomodate customer fields from SRM 5.0 to SRM 7.01 while upgrading ?.

2. During the cutover activity of upgrade from SRM 5.0 to SRM 7.01 what happens to the open documents of SRM 5.0 like Shopping cart , PO because as i understand SRM 5.0 documents won't show up on the screens of SRM 7.01 whereas details can be fetched from BBP_PD transaction or through some tables,

Please share the experience who has done upgrade activity

Thanks,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. How to handle customer fields created in SRM 5.0 to that in SRM 7.01. Also since BBP*CUF* Badi is obselete in SRM 7.01. How to handle dynamic changes happening to the customer fields  .

Does the SAP provides some standard way to accomodate customer fields from SRM 5.0 to SRM 7.01 while upgrading ?.

you can add customer requirements like z fields in the SRM 7.0

Check this link:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-25692

2. During the cutover activity of upgrade from SRM 5.0 to SRM 7.01 what happens to the open documents of SRM 5.0 like Shopping cart , PO because as i understand SRM 5.0 documents won't show up on the screens of SRM 7.01 whereas details can be fetched from BBP_PD transaction or through some tables,

Ans :

All the open PO and shopping cart will appear in corresponding POWL.

If you are using the old workflow(Application control workflow)  all the open PO will appear after the upgrade .

if you are using Business Rule Framework(BRF) then you have to check the old workflow.checkwith your technical person

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar