cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in changing WD4A Label Fonts for a portal integrated Application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Exprts,

I am currently dealing with a requirement in WD4A wherein I need to change the fonts of 'Labels' and 'Page Headers' in WD4A application. This application will be integrated with Portal.

After reading some of the threads on SCN, I have got a fair idea about the approach I need to look for to fulfil this requirement which is as follows:
1. Make Custom Portal Theme by changing fonts and use it. OR
2. Make your own stylesheet, import into the ABAP system and refer to it by using app. parameters - 'WDTHEMEROOT' or 'SAP-CSSURL' .

I have tried the second approach and my URL looks like this:
http://jappl010.esc.win.colpal.com:8093/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zwd_themetest?sap-cssurl=/SAP/PUBLIC/BC/CustomerThemes/ZTHEME1
Where 'CustomerTheme' is a common folder created to store all custom themes and 'ZSPTHEME' is the editted theme.

The above URL shows me the same layout as it would show without an App. Parameter.

To cross check, I entered some invalid sap-cssurl (which doesn't exist) to determine if it's identifying my custom theme. Surprisingly, it still shows me the same output. I suspect it doesn't even consider the URL parameter.

Appreciate if someone could help me understand where it's going wrong or please help me with the thread/s or document that covers both the above approaches with a 'Step-by-Step' guide.

Thank You in advance.

Swanand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Former Member,

If sap-cssurl parameter is not working, try sap-ep-themeroot. I hope it would work.

Regards,

Fareez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Thanks for your inputs on this thread so far. Let me share with you the latest update.

I have a custom FPM WD4A application in the HR ABAP System which is integrated with the portal system. Till now I have taken following steps:

1. Exported the standard 'SAP_Tradeshow_Plus' theme ( MIME Path : /SAP/PUBLIC/bc/ur/nw5/themes/sap_tradeshow_plus )

through program BSP_UPDATE_MIMEREPOS to my local machine.

2. Copied into my custom MIME folder ( /sap/public/bc/CustomerThemes/ZSPTHEME ) Please note no changes have been made to the .css file (ls_ie6.css). It is as just the standard theme with different name and location.

3. My application parameter: &wdthemeroot now refers to the above MIME path (in point# 2).

4. Before I make any modifications in the .css file so as to suit my requirement, I tested this app on portal and found that the FPM header font and look n feel is changed. Surprised to see this as no change was made in the stylesheet.

However, when I change &wdthemeroot reference back to sap_tradeshow_plus, it looks perfect.

Due to this I am unable to proceed with my custom theme as anyway, I will have to change the custom css file and not the standard one.

Any clue on this is much appreciated! Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Be very careful in uploading themes as if the theme is uploaded with errors ,the application cannot be accessed . It will produce several rendering problems.

The Web Dynpro framework automatically compares the versions of the portal and Web Dynpro

for ABAP style sheets. If the Web Dynpro for ABAP has a newer version, the WDA style sheet is

used. This avoids unattractive rendering and JavaScript errors. Bear in mind that any customer

branding will be lost. You can deactivate this behavior again using the

WDFORCEEXTERNALSTYLESHEET application parameter.

Use these application parameter for application specific theme.

WDTHEMEROOT :--Portal Theme

http://inchnchosap:50000/irj/portalapps/com.sap.portal.design.portaldesigndata/themes/portal/<custom portal theme> :- ABAP Theme

WDTHEMEROOT : /sap/public/bc/ur/nw5/themes/sap_hcb

For editing ABAP themes  there are eclipse tools available but I was unable to upload the new custom ABAP theme in right format.

Update me your status and what you want exactly .

Regards,

Karthiheyan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karthiheyan!

I am in a process of installing and learning Theme Editor.

What I want exactly - I basically need to change the font of an FPM Webdynpro App which is integrated with portal.

1. I have a WD4A application, let's call it ZTESTAPP which is integrated with a portal by means of a WebDynpro iView.

This is how it looks on portal:

2. I copied the standard 'sap_tradeshow_plus' theme folder (MIME Repository Folder Path: /sap/public/bc/ur/nw5/themes/sap_tradeshow_plus) into my custom folder 'ZHRTHEME'. No change was made in any of its files.

3. Now, to check if my application recognizes my custom theme, I added an app. parameter in the iView as :
wdthemeroot= /sap/public/bc/ur/nw5/themes/zhrtheme. The output now looks like below:

As you see in the above screenshot, the Font and the look & feel of the topmost FPM header is changed. Especially when my custom theme is just a copy of standard theme with no change.

4. I even changed the wdthemeroot parameter to refer to the standard theme wdthemeroot=/sap/public/bc/ur/nw5/themes/sap_tradeshow_plus   and it shows exactly what you see in point#1. I mean, it's as good as using no theme, as it picks up the standard theme.

So do you think, using Eclipse Theme Editor - copying standard theme files and making little changes in the font will retain the look and feel of FPM header and other fonts which need not change?

I will certainly update you on the progress.

Regards,

Swanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swanand,

I havnt worked on Eclipse theme editor . But I guess your requirement can be solved by Portal theme editor and the wd_themeroot refering to the portal theme.

Try using WDFORCEEXTERNALSTYLESHEET if required.

Regards,

Karthiheyan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karthiheyan.

I am going to try it now... Will send an update.

Regards,

Swanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swandand,

i have exactly the same problem. Screen 1 shows the WD with standard theme

/sap/public/bc/ur/nw5/themes/sap_tradeshow_plus. I wanted change the cellBackgroundDesign-fill1 to

an other color. I did all the nessery steps from donwload the sap_tradeshow_plus-theme , eclipse-plugin and upload, including the wd-appl-parameters.

Screen 2 shows the WD with the modifyed theme. The change i want was done, but i lost a lot of other styles. What is wrong?  The actual css points to ../sap/public/bc/ur/nw5/themes/custom/my_theme/ls/ls_ie6.css.

My actual NetWeaver Version is 7.3 and the WD runs in a portal environment. Do you have a solution or a good hint ?

Regards,

Johann

Screen1:

Screen 2:

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in the same version of the netweaver, and we do have similar issue that the Standard webdynpro icons are not displayed. However, the Icons of Business packages are perfect. Is there any global setting or a service or Config we need to activate to get the standard icons ?

This is happening when I run apps from backend as well as from portal.

Thanks,

Chiranjeevi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Here is the step by step guide for implementing custom portal themes if there is no portal in your scenario

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7015b1f9-535c-2910-c8b7-e681fe75a...

Thanks,

Raju Bonagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raju. In my case, WD4A application integrates with Portal.

However, the thread link you shared helped me to some extent.

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Swanand,

The better approach would be to modify the portal themes. If required, import the .css stylesheets into your portal w.r.t the WD ABAP application. This way you will eb able to centrally maintain the look and feel. Also, portal is teh actual interface to the user. All your applications will eventually be integrated/referred from the portal environment. So, it would be better to manipulate the portal themes.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sharath for your reply.

Is there a documentation on SCN that briefs about the procedure to upload .css into the portal? What I know so far about Portal Theme is just about 'Theme Editor' under System Administration-->Portal Display.

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try the eclipse themes plugin: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/downloads?rid=/library/uuid/b08a05ec-e24a-2d10-189e-f5c6bcbf39a5

You can create your theme under themes editor.

Another helpful link: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/nw-appserver-tools, it has toosl to modify the themes.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again, Sarath!

Once thing I just noticed while implementing couple of themes (through ABAP stylesheets) is the theme gets cached. I mean, I set the app paramneter WDTHEMEROOT to theme <themename>, I see changes as made in the theme. However, when I remove the parameter from the url, it still shows me the application with the old parameter. Even after refreshing my browser and clearing cache doesn't help.

Kindly let me know if you know any solution to fix this. I am also searching for threads on SCN for this issue.

Regards,

Swanand

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Swananand,

In the portal, under system admin there are some options to clear cache. My suggestion is to try the option there and check if it helps.

Regards,

Sharath