cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You cannot use CTS project because it belongs to another client+sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SAP Gurus,

We have changed Golden Client from 300 to 330 Client So While creating Transport request in new 330 client by entering the project name .. It says "You cannot use CTS project because it belongs to another client(300 Client)."

Plz guide where to change the name of client in Solman Project . I went to solar_project_admin and edit that project by entering 330 client in logical component. But still the error is same.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

after changing clinet, seems you were not changed cts client.

could you please follow this and edit your client details, later check.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/97/a528372e026b52e10000009b38f936/content.htm

procedure point 2. please check

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jansi,

Thanks for response,

I am aware of this setting. Can you  explore the steps in detail for these settings

My Scenerio is like this:

a) Project xyz created in solman using solar_project_admin:

b) Added logical component in that project which contain Development client 300.

c)Now in Development system my 300 clint has blocked and made new client 330.

d) While creating TR in 330 client and in that when i enter the project . It says "You cannot use CTS project because it belongs to another client(300 Client)."

e) Then to resolve that error i login to Solman and change my logical component and eneterd 330 client instead of 300 client. and then in Project XYZ i cross verified it was 330 client.

f) Then i login to 330 client and made TR but again while i entered project name . It again says "You cannot use CTS project because it belongs to another client(300 Client)."

So Plz guide how to resolve the error? Should i change the project now or not then plz provide solution..

Thanks,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

sure, let me go by step by step, first of all. can you confirm did you created IMG project for the client 330.

login to solar_project_Admin, choose your project, go to system landscape tap, then IMG project sub tab, choose the client 330 and create IMG project for te client 330 .

and check did you get the error.? please share.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jansi,

Actually i only changed the client from 300 to 330 in logical component which exists in img project. So after reading your comments it shows that we have to create another IMG project for 330 client. So IMG project is client specific.It has to be created for every new client.

Plz correct me if i am wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, please do so. More over your entire charm activation it self a client dependent,

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jansi,

I will check it.And confirm once done.

Thanks

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

thanks it worked