cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practice for SAP to SAP Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am reading the 'Quick Guide to Implementing SAP Best Practices for Business Network Integration V2.604' document, and one of the things that caught my attention is the following connectivity options:

• Business Network for ALE
  • Business Network for SAP PI
  • Business Network for B1iSN

I was wondering, if there is a best practice recommendation that extends into determine which of the above three is more suited for an organization (Both for Business Network Integration, but more generally speaking for any SAP integration need?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Feroz,

Choosing ALE or PI or B1iSN depends on different factors like

1)The number of integration/interfaces required ,if customer has very big landscape where he has many SAP system then go for middle ware,PI is right choice.

2)Very few integrations required then Use ALE/Web serivice integration model which saves lot of cost (no need to Buy any licence)

Regards,

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Feroz

ALE is fast, has some configurations involved but no detailed monitoring present. Only RFC destinations need to be created and you are done. You cannot do transformations.

PI, as we know would require a PI consultant, needs time to set up, but would give you good monitoring tools..Data mapping is also possible.

Regards

Monika

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Both for Business Network Integration, but more generally speaking for any SAP integration need?

Then I would vote for  Business Network for SAP PI.  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, What would be the technical reason(s), and what about the business process related?