cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need verification of Web Dynpro BAPI session behaviour

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I was developing my WD application with BAPIs and, by chance, I "discovered" this behaviour from my BAPI session with my WD application.

Scenario:

- My WD program executes a BAPI

- In the BAPI, by some logic, it writes a value into a ABAP global variable declared from the TOP include of the function group.

- Later by the other action events, my WD program executes the same BAPI again.

- in the BAPI, by a different logic, it is able retrieved the value of same ABAP global variable from the TOP include of the function group.

- The value of the ABAP global variable is similiar to the value that was written in the earlier BAPI call.

From this behaviour, can I conclude that:

-The BAPI session will be consistent throughout the WD program's lifespan?

-The global memory fields and variables of the BAPI's function group will not be destroy at every BAPI call, instead will be kept in memory until the WD session expires?

I was thinking of taking advantage of this behaviour so I do not have to constantly passing in and out values to the BAPI calls. This will help me save alot of time as currently my BAPI have alot of complex IMPORT/EXPORT parameters that is tedious to map in WD.

Pls give me your expert opinions on this or is this a known behaviour/feature in web dynpro or BAPIs? If possible provide some documents. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you should look into . The behaviour you are describing has to do with the scope of your model.

Regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Christophe...

The link is very useful.