cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employee able to change posted trip without valid authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have issue about emplyee being able to change posted trip, transferred to FI and already paid to emplyee, without the valid authorization.

Authorization we have maintained for object P_TRAVL, AUTHF (Operation and "Old status"), is given below:

D10, D11, R8, W, W10, W11, W20, W21

We suppose that for changing a posted trip, employee should have authorization with values 'W44'.

Then why our employee is able to change the posted trip? Is there any other setting?

Regards,

Prachi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But what is the problem here? The system can handle chagnes to posted trips. So sometimes it is needed to do this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Employee can change trip data because he have the rights to read (R) Trip approved (4) , and transferred to FI (4) ( P_TRAVL, AUTHF (Operation and "Old status") (R44),

Please check whether role whether AUTHF have R** or not?

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad Umer,

Yes, our employee travel role has R* for AUTHF.

In my original post, I had written R8 by mistake.

Do you suggest that we should not give R* in AUTHF? Does R (read) rights also provide change rights to employee?

Regards,

Prachi Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prachi,

What i would suggest that you should not give R* to travel roles... Give restricted authentication to R (for example R21,R31 etc..) as per your business requirement and  it should not R44 in this case..

because If employee can read trip (R44) which have already been posted to FI and change it then new status will be trip completed and to be settled , which he has already been allowed for the other cases (i.e. create expense sheet or updated expense sheet)..

Please note that read does means its read only or display only. read means you can read with this old status and perform further operations..

Regards,

Muhammad Umer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you plz check your work flow on the same. Just a guess not sure..

Regards,

LNB