cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Management of 01 inspections by classes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I've got the following issue for 01 inspections: raw materials are classified in class A, B, C, D depending on the required inspection level. QM setup differs according to class, e.g.:

• class A: incoming stock must go to Quality Inspection - Certificate of Analysis NOT required before GR
  • class B: incoming stock must go to Unrestricted - Certificate of Analysis required before GR.

There might be multiple vendors per item, and class depends upon vendor.

Quality Info Records will be maintained at material/supplier level.

There will be specific inspection types to reflect the above, e.g. Z01A, Z01B ...

There will be a specific transaction to manage raw material class (based on vendor evaluation criteria) but the real issue is knowing how to manage class change in the background: when material class changes from e.g. A to B, the inspection type must change from Z01A to Z01B + Certificate requirement also needs to change from "NOT required before GR" to "required before GR".

I was wondering if any of you could help me resolving this issue ...

Thanks in advance,

Philippe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why are you using different inspection types?  You can use the standard inspection type 01 and maintain the certificate reqired in the control key. Only thing is you dont want to create the inspection lot for some classes. You can just explore user exit QPL10001 and built your own logic (To check the batch of the incoming material) to control the creation of inspection lot.

Regards,

Smruti

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think I would activate all 4 inspection types for all materials.  Then use the user exit QAAT0001 to determine the material class and select the appropriate inspection type to use.

You can not control the COA process however thru that.  Maybe for that, you can use a user exit when a material master for a RAW material type is changed that looks at the material class and then goes and sets the appropriate COA controls.  If you do this, you could also use this to set the "preferred" inspection type flag and then you don't have to bother with the user exit above at inspection lot creation time.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Smruti,

I am using different inspection types because inspection lots are needed for each type, even though incoming stock goes to unrestricted for some classes. For each class they need to record inspection results.

For the certificate required I can maintain it in the control key in the procurement data section of the QM view, but this is at material level ... while I would need to maintain it at material/supplier level as the class (and its requirements related to certificate and insp type) might be different for say matl1/supplier1 and matl1/supplier2.

That is why I think I would have to manage class change at quality info record level ... what do you think ?

Looking at some other posts I was wondering if I could use BAdI- QB_Q_INFO_RECORD for that purpose ? (this was mentioned by Anup Patil).

Thank you,

Philippe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Fire Fighter,

Yes I thought about activating all 4 inspection types for all materials.  Then use the user exit QAAT0001 to determine the material class and select the appropriate inspection type to use.

But I was struggling about how to control the COA process ... you are talking about a user exit when a material master for a RAW material type is changed that looks at the material class and then goes and sets the appropriate COA controls: any idea about which user exit I could use for that ?

Thanks and kind regards,

Philippe

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Possibly user exit MGA00001.

I'd develop the exit to exit if material type <> RAW

Then exit if no QM view or no 01 inspections in QMAT

Then run your logic on your material class and see if you can change the preferred inspection type accordingly as well as any COA data and/or Q-info records.

FF

Answers (0)