cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc - create fixed asset master record with multiple scrap values

a_meijer
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have the need to create a fixed asset with multiple scrap values via IDoc. For example:

• Capitalization date is May 1, 2012 and acquisition value is 50,000
  • First date and scrap value is 01.01.1900 (defaulted by SAP) and 30,000
  • Second date and scrap value is 01.01.2014 and 20,000
  • Third date and scrap valie is 01.01.2015 and 8,000

If I do this manually in SAP I first have to create the asset (via AS01) and I'm only able to enter the first scrap value (in the detail screen of the depreciation area). Afterwards I can change the fixed asset (via AS02) and enter the other intervals and scrap values.

How does this work with an IDoc? Fixed asset master records will be created via an interface with the use of IDocs. Can I use one IDoc (CREATE_ASSET02) which can process multiple scrap values at once? Or do I need to create the fixed asset first (via IDoc CREATE_ASSET02) and afterwards use the IDoc CHANGE_ASSET03 to enter the multiple scrap values?

Kind regards,

André

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi André,

Have a look at IDoc type: FIXEDASSET_CREATEINCLVALUES02 (generated by SAP for BAPI_FIXEDASSET_OVRTAKE_CREATE). Quoting from the BAPI documentation:

Create Asset with Values (Initial Legacy Data Transfer)

Functionality

You can use this method to create legacy assets. Using this method, you can transfer both depreciation and transactions that were already posted. The functions for legacy data transfer during the fiscal year are the same as in dialog.

I believe this matches your requirement of creating an asset together with depreciation and transactions with a single IDoc message.

Hope this helps,
Greg

a_meijer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Greg,

Thanks for your swift reply. But the values I need to enter on the fixed asset (multiple scrap values) are values entered on the asset master record in the detail screen of the depreciation areas (ANLB-SCHRW). So, these aren't values posted in the past to the fixed assets.

Thanks and kind regards,

André

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, I think I got it now . Then have a look at IDoc type FIXEDASSET_CREATEFROMDATA102 and especially its segment E1BP1022_DEP_AREAS.

Regards,
Greg