cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Key Figure Property !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I dont have immediate access to sandbox. Could you confirm if I change a key figure's property e.g. making it to input and output from output only in a productive planning book, what could be the risk. I am talking of a production system.

On the same lines if I change the input horizon in data view (that again initializes the planning area), what could be the risks. e.g. risk of data loss or inconsistencies.

Thanks for your responses.

Guru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

1. The changes you made for data views (t.code /SAPAPO/SDP8B) do not impact the data. Those key figure properties (e.g. hiding a key figure, input/output, decimals, etc) are just impact the user interface. If you are using SCM 7, you are allowed to change key figure settings of planning area such as fixable, calculation type, TP disaggregation type, No negatives allowed, 0 allowed, etc. without deinitializing the PA (t.code /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN, select your active PA, right click to select change key fig settings).

2. Data view's TB profiles (Past and Future) (t.code /SAPAPO/SDP8B) also do not lead to any data inconsistencies (Input horizon in your question). Their purpose is to represent the data in user required time buckets format. In DP, you can change the period bucket profile on fly in the planning book's data view (t.code /SAPAPO/SDP94).

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Further to expand this discussion, I want to transport changes in Key Figure property like multiple decimal instead of zero decimal. We are using SCM 7.0 and want to transport the said changes via transport from Devlopment to Quality/Test box.

Do I need to send planning area as well as related macros and batch jobs etc through  /sapapo/tsobj.

Please confirm if it is viable or else it will break something since we did not change else except the property of a KF. My client seems to interested in to transport rather than doing invidually changes in KF property in each box.

Thanks,

Charles

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

You can transport the changes to data view (i.e. key figure settings like decimals, hiding, input/output etc) alone to upper landscape using t.code /SAPAPO/TSOBJ. Please choose the planning book option alone as shown in the following fig and select your planning book. This will pull all the data views and macro books associated to the selected planning book and corresponding change records of SAP objects will be created under selected Transport Request.

If the planning area is already available in the upper landscape, you need not to transport it again.

Thanks,
Rajesh

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Rajesh on the details given by him. However if the objective is to transport Key Figure properties like multiple decimal instead of zero decimal or fixable, calculation type, TP disaggregation type, Past Cannot change, No negatives allowed, 0 allowed, etc. As per my understanding, the transporting only Planning book will not help, you will required to transport even the Planning Area using /sapapo/tsobj.

I suggest you to please try this using TSOBJ check your Transport request for list of objects.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish.

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

Unless you are having major changes in the planning area, it won't be advisable to transport the whole planning area.

For minor changes like decimal point it would be advised to make the changes directly in the target system. When you send across the planning area, lot of relevant objects would get transported e.g planning views, macro books, storage bucket profiles, etc. to name a few.

Any issue in any of these dependent objects could impact the working in your production system and hence impact the business. e.g. someone might have changed a macro directly in production. Your transport could then impact the working macro in production. There might even be someone working on some dependent object in Dev, and the untested changes also might go to production, or later on when he sends the changes in a separate transport, there could be issues. You would need to be very careful and would need to cross-check that everything for planning area apart from your changes is already the same in all the 3 systems. No-one else should be working on anything in the planning area.

If you need to send across any transport (meaning changes), always try to send only the relevant changes to production (and not everything). Planning Area transport is huge task, so lot of chance of something breaking down after your transport.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh, Satish and Pawan for your valuable input.

I will only transport PB and related macros.

Chuck

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

If you change the Keyfigure settings in the Planing book there wouldn't be much effect to your  data but while changing the input horizon of data view in the production system, Its better if you first delete the time series objects and then again initialize it after chnages.

Regards,

Anurag

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Changing key figure's input/output propoerty (in /sapapo/sdp8b) should not have so much affect to your data. But since we don't know your scenario, we cannot say it for sure. If you only want to restrict input to a key figure, you can use macro function ROW_INPUT() to control it. It won't change any design in the system, and will only have effect when you're in interactive planning.

"On the same lines if I change the input horizon in data view (that again initializes the planning area), what could be the risks. e.g. risk of data loss or inconsistencies."

I do not understand what operation are you refering to. Initialzing the planning area without deinitializing it first, will not cause data loss, but since it's production system, please always make a backup before initilization.

Best Regards,
Ada