Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Authorisations: Substitution with roles & workflow tasks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At my current client we are trying to ensure that when a substitution takes place on HR, all the relevant roles and workflow tasks are assigned to the new user.

We are allocating roles indirectly, via the position on the HR-ORG via PFCG. I have taken a look to determine if there is an appropriate relationship that can cover this, however I have not found anything.

Roles are allocated according to relationship B007, which links the roles via object AG to the position, via various routines. Not sure if it is possible to alter this to cater for substitution??

Has anyone had a similar problem? Or can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sujeet

2 REPLIES 2

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm actually in the midst of realising a substitutionconcept myself and am encountering the same issues. It's embarrassing to see the absence of helpful documents regarding this in the sap-help where I would think this to be common practise.

Since you don't want to move the person that will substitute to the actual position, I thought that assigning roles to tasks or jobs instead of positions would aleviate the issue of being assigned to different costcenters at the same time, but the roles are not indirectly assigned at all when linked to T's or C's..

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

I am currently investigating the following solution, which has been provided by another colleague.

To add a dynamic action in the absence processing request that will update the the substitutes position with the employee's access rights for the period of the leave. We would need to create a screen that provides the substitutes details, either user ID, employee number or position. Then work backwards from user ID to get position and then read the employees roles from their position and update the substitutes position for the period of the absence.

Let me know if you will be trying this as well - you can mail me directly if you require any additional info.

Regards

Sujeet