cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA SQL Script Variables - Wildcard?

cote_adams
Participant
0 Kudos

I have created a SQL script calculation view that utilizes variables. When trying to test this CV (using data preview), it prompts me to input the values for the variables, however it forces me to input a value for every variable. There are test cases where I would want to leave one or more variable blank or use a wildcard, however neither * or % work for wildcard.

Is there any way to set the variable to optional or use a wildcard? They are all set as VARCHAR, selection type Single Value, and marking as Input Parameter.

Thanks,

Cote Adams

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using this trick as a filter with wildcard:

(in("DIMENSION_YOU_WANT_TO_FILTER",'$$INPUT_PARAMETER$$') or match ("DIMENSION_YOU_WANT_TO_FILTER",'*$$INPUT_PARAMETER$$*'))

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i also have a requirement to search the data of calculation view based on Text with wildcard(non case sensitive).

any solution found ?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cote,

Is your variable checked as 'Is Mandatory'?, if so make it as unchecked and see data preview

Can I know which HANA version are you using?

Regards,

Shireesha

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. You could find a workaround?

Greetings

thirus11
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Just to clarify, you have an issue with using wild card in input parameters, am I right in understanding this? Also is this on your Graphical Calculation View or Scripted Calculation View?