Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can BI retrieve data from PI?

fisher_li
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey, PI and BI guru,

We are working on a project to retrieve HR data from PI to BI.

Normally BI will send a IDOC RSRQST to the source system PI and the source system PI will send RSINFO IDOC back.

Since now the source system is PI, so I mapped the IDOC RSRQST to IDOC RSRQST.

But during the run time, the PI complained that it can not find the receiver determination for the incoming IDOC RSRQST.

In the PI system,

(1) In T code WE20,  I defined the BI as logical system and RSRQST is its outbound parameter and I also defined the PI as logical system and RSRQST is its inbound parameter.

(2) In the PI "Enterprise Services Builder",  I mapped the IDOC RSRQST to IDOC RSRQST in message mapping and "Operation Mapping" and "Service Interface".

(3) In the PI "Intergration builder", I tested the  receiver determination and everything looked OK.

But again during the run time, the PI complained that it can not find the receiver determination for the incoming IDOC RSRQST.

Where did I miss?

Thanks in advance!

Fisher

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a few ideas:

1. Try clearing the cache in sxi_cache of PI's ABAP stack, then test the scenario again.
  2. How did you test the receiver determination?
  3. When you look at an IDoc message in sxi_monitor in PI, does the sender system match the one that you used in Receiver Determination?

Hope this helps,
Greg

fisher_li
Participant
0 Kudos

Greg,

Thank you for your input.

I finally found out what I did wrong in the configuration of receiver determination.

Fisher Li

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you try the Test Configuration option in Integration Directory?

If not please specify the sender details along with input payload and see if you face any errors there.

-Zameer

fisher_li
Participant
0 Kudos

Zameer,

Thanks for your input.

I finally found out what I did wrong in the configuration of receiver determination.

Fisher Li