cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Element 002 in Outgoing COA

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement that for qualitative characteristics in one of our profiles that the short text of the Code be displayed instead of the valuation. From my research it seems that I can change the text element for that MIC in the COA profile to 0002 and it would display this, but the valuation is still displaying ("Pass" in results column). Is there something i'm missing? One thing that confuses me is that in config for each text element type there are multiple fields per type. I expected each type to be assigned to one field. Thanks!

Inspecton Lot/MIC info:

04 Insp Type, Independent multiple samples, fixed 1 sample, valuation according to char. attribute code, valuation rule 60 worst case principle

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi the text element seeems to be ok. can you chnage the MIC from single result recording to summerized recording and see.

Regards,

Smruti

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for the help. I investigated both of your suggestions and neither totally solved the issue, BUT they did get me on the right track (therefore points awarded for helpful answer). What it boiled down to is you can't do independent multiple samples if you want to print the code short text on the COA using text element 002. You have to setup the sampling procedure for No Multiple Samples so SAP locks in only one sample for the MIC in the inspection lot. This makes sense if you think about it. If you have multiple samples and they happen to have different codes for results, what text do you display on the COA showing summarized results for the whole lot? Sometimes SAP does make sense!

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What prints out is determined by your sapscript.  The text element is defined by the form you are using.  In the standard SAP example form QM_QCERT_01 I do not believe that the text valuation of the characterisitic is printed.  I believe 0001 only calls for value and an upper and lower tolerance.  0002 should only print the code text which in the example layout is QCRES-CODETEXT1. 

It almost sounds as though you are using text element 0005 or 0006.

It may very well be possible that when your SAPscript was edited, the programmer modified the output line for 0002 and is including a text valuation of the result on the line.  If your business requested that a PASS/FAIL be included on each result line, the programmer probably included that on the results line for each text element.

I would try using the standard form QM_QCERT_01 and see what your results look like.  If you only see the code text, then you can be pretty sure you need your SAPscript modifed and remove the PASS/FAIL output logic from text element 0002.

FF