cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP logon popup when creating BDC Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

We started getting a SAP logon popup when generating a BDC model from GSDO Type option, within the BDC Browser. It prompts me numerous times in a row to enter my logon information and not sure why it started doing this. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rory,

I haven't see this problem before. Here a couple of things you could check. The BDC Browser does a number of calls to the ESR system, WSIL and WSDL services. Probably one of them is really causing this logon problem.

1) Verify WSIL and WSDL connection

From the BDC Browser go to menu Tool Settings --> Service settings. Note down the connection name for parameter WSIL RFC Destination and GW RFD Destination. In transaction SM59 take a look at both connections and see if you can do a successful connection test (without being prompted for userid/password)

Also review the settings of both connections and verify against the BDC Browser guide.

2) ESR Connection

In SM59 locate the connection to the ESR system (should be a type G). Verify the settings and do a connection test there too.

Also you might want to try to let the BDC Browser fail (by clicking the Cancel) button. Maybe the resulting error message might help in pinpointing the problem.

Cheers, Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alex. The connections all work fine,but it appears as when its logging into the ESR, that it keeps propmpting for that password. Will keep looking...thx.

former_member186078
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you check whether the passwords related to standard USERIDs for connecting to ESR are working fine? Also, check once by running SLDCHECK and see whether you can see any problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No issues there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rory,

If it is the ESR connection then please do one more check: Locate the SM59 connection that is used to connect to ESR. It should be a type G connection. From the 'Logon & Security' tab retrieve the user that is being used to connect to ESR.

Now start the ESR Browser and try to logon with this user (from the SM59). Is that working?

Maybe a restart of the ESR might help?

Cheers, Alex

Answers (0)