cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebService/SOAP Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently we have some customers who send us a file through the HTTP. It is now a requirement that they send us the same file through a webservice.

A. Is it possible to Attach an XML file through a webservice?

B. Where do I or How do I develop such a webservice for them to access and upload the file.... Can I develop a webservice in XI itself and then if I give the customer some criteria then they can access this webservice?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal thank you...

Your blog refers to mail adapter... is it exactly the same process for the soap adapter?

Also I have an additional question on the same topic...

If I build my webservice on XI and I give the customer the WSDL then do I need a sender SOAP Adapter to pick up the message from the webservice or because it is already on XI will the message and attachment automatically get routed through to the pipeline?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you need a SOAP sender communication channel which specifies the outbound interface and namespace of the interface to receive the message from the webservice. If the sender is HTTP then we dont need a sender communication channel.

Regards,

Sudheer.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>Your blog refers to mail adapter... is it exactly the same process for the soap adapter?

I believe the bean should work in the same way for SOAP adapter

but I didn't test it with SOAP - but just try it

>>>>If I build my webservice on XI and I give the customer the WSDL then do I need a sender SOAP Adapter to pick up the message from the webservice or because it is already on XI will the message and attachment automatically get routed through to the pipeline?

no sender adapter will not pick up anything

sender adapter acts as a web service

(so it has to be called from customer's app)

Regards,

michal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok so once I define this webservice in XI then all I have to do is similar to the http scenario is give the customer the WSDL and with this WSDL they will be able to access my webservice? DO they need any special platform the run this WSDL?

And then Regarding the uploaded xml File..... using the soap adapter will this be sent directly to XI or will I have to zrite the file somewhere and then have a file adapter pick it up?

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

OK but my question is

A: How do I use that attachment in XI? If I want to use the data in that attachment will I have to drop that file to a directoty somewhere womehow and then resend the attachment through a File adapter...

B: With regards to my webservice on XI... Can I develop the webservice on XI including a functionality to upload a file and then all I have to do for my customer is give them the WSDL and they will be able to access my webservice?

C: Will the customer need a specific application to access the WSDL

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>A: How do I use that attachment in XI? If I want to use the data in that attachment will I have to drop that file to a directoty somewhere womehow and then resend the attachment through a File adapter...

no you can put it directly inside XI flow try my blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/18/xi-sender-mail-adapter--payloadswapbean--step-by-step

or you can write your own to get the file

>>>>B: With regards to my webservice on XI... Can I develop the webservice on XI including a functionality to upload a file and then all I have to do for my customer is give them the WSDL and they will be able to access my webservice?

yes you do everything on XI

>>>>C: Will the customer need a specific application to access the WSDL

no WSDL is a file, customer can access it with his development tool

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Answer B: Integration Directory -> tools > define webService

Regards Mario

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>A. Is it possible to Attach an XML file through a webservice?

sure

>>>>Can I develop a webservice in XI itself and then if I give the customer some criteria then they can access this webservice?

you just a standard XI flow (SOAP -> something)

and give them the SOAP's WSLD and they will call it

with the XML attachment

then inside your java adapter module you will be able to access the file

Regards,

michal