Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC delay processing.

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we have idoc to file interface.

The idocs were succesfully triggerd from ECC side....but it  has reached PI  after 5-6 hours of delay...everything seems to be OK and fine...but i need to investigate why there is a delay of 5-6 hours...

Can someone help me in investigating this.

idoc triggerd at the ECC side is 00:01 am

IDOC in IDX5 in PI is 06:58 am

where else can i track this message?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just a thought, is it really taking so much time to receive IDoc in PI or the issue is found with difference in time stamp in ECC and PI?

You might want to check the processing of other IDocs from ECC to PI as well to conclude there isn't any common issue with ECC system.

-Zameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

1) check if PI/ECC server was down for any maintenance activity get help from Basis team.

2) check the job processes these IDocs, go to SM37 and check the job name.

3) check the job log for potential details, from log you can see Runtime execution of that job.

4) go to patner we20 and check the background processing for that IDoc, ckeck if it is selected as Trigger immediately.

5) check if any delay in executing SMQ1 & SMQ2, also check SMQR if Queues were deregistered also check SMQS.

Hope this helps you...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

1.  How much time background job has run?

2. if the background is successful, it sent idocs  immediately, then there could be be a problem in trfc.

messages would have stuck in trfc some body would have cleared it now. I mean sm58 transaction.

Please check.

Regards,

Raveendra

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your reply.

if there was any stuck in TRFC, how do i check now? now everything looks OK in SM58..

i just want to see the logs if i can to investigate and confirm the issue.

Thanks

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Chances are your messages might have been stuck in queues (SMQ1 & SMQ2).

Now since everything looks fine, queues might been cleared.

-Deepak

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

Idocs sent from SAP R/3 might have been stuck in the queues and the then released later, That could be the reason for the delay.

Regards,

Naveen    

former_member257758
Participant
0 Kudos

Check if is there any other scheduled background job in ECC which collecting IDOCs and sending to PI.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>but i need to investigate why there is a delay of 5-6 hours...

Just a thought.You might have picked the option of background processing in partner profile.Go to partner profile WE20 and check the option trigger immediately.   The messages are not leaving from ECC and so the delay is at PI.