cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF Integration Model.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on a project and trying to generate and activate the CIF Integration models between R/3 and APO. I have learned all the steps from one of the famous SAP APO PPDS implementation book nonetheless I have little confusion in creation of the CIF model. My concerns are:

1) If I have five differrent kinds of Master Data (Product, Location, Resources, PPM/PDS and Quota Arrangement), so Do I have to create 5 different model for each master data separately like First model is for Product and the activate it, and then another for Location OR I can create one single model for all 5 kinds of Master Data.

2) Similarly, What Do I have to do for Transaction data? I mean that Do I have to create separate model for transaction data (Sales orders, Plan orders)?

3) In the book, there were two transaction codes for activation CMF2 and CMF3. What is major difference b/w them?

4) What special steps are required after creating PPM model like is it necessary to create "IDOCs Change Pointer"? what would be the process to create "Change Pointer" for PPM/PDS?

5) After creating and activating models, is Consistency Check through APO  necessary? or we can ignore it?

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaan,

1) I sugest you to create an IM for each Master Data. When you transfer MD there is a logic. So, first you send Plant, then material, then work center, then PPM or PDS. Quaota you have to maintain in APO side (at least with my version I can't transfer Q by CIF).

2) With transaction data both variants are OK. Better to have one model for each transaction data.

3) CFM2 - live activate

CFM3 - BACKGROUND activate

4) Change pointer is necessary to send the changes. BD61 / BD50

5) Consistency Check is always a good ideea.

Thanks, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marius,

Let me ask few more things about CMF2 and CMF3, is it necessary to use both one by one or we can use either one of these transaction codes. If we, for instance, use only CMF3 (what PP/DS book says), the model will activate properly?

And regarding point # 4; what is BD61 / BD50?

Thanks,

Shaan

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaan,

You would either use CFM2 OR CFM3 after CFM1, not both of them.

When you run CFM1, you select the objects in your IM (integration model) as per your selection e.g. material masters, locations, transaction data, etc whatever you specify. Then you have to send this data (that you selected in IMs) to APO which is done using either CFM2 or CFM3.

CFM2 means online transfer. CFM3 could be used for online transfer or you could schedule to run it as per your specified time. CFM3 also gives some additional things like "ignore faulty queues". In CFM2, you would have clicked on pop-ups to ignore stuck irrelevant queues, this option does the same thing automatically so that your CIF would not fail due to stuck irrelevant queues.

You could go to SPRO in R/3:

Integration with Other SAP Components-> Advanced Planning and Optimization-> Basic Settings for the Data Transfer-> Change Transfer, and see what options are there for change transfer of master data and transaction data. There is good documentation available there itself for each of the options. Rajesh shared a link from SAP help, that also contains lot of good information on CIF, go through it as well.

Only specific comment for BD61 - Here you specify that you would be using change pointers.

In BD50, you specify the objects for which change pointers are relevant.

Would just like to add here that you can either send data online to APO (data goes to APO immediately when there is relevant change in R/3), or you could use change pointers for periodic transfer (You would run jobs that would send changes to APO based on change pointers).

Once you go through the above information and have some more specific query, feel free to ask.

Thanks - Pawan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shann,

It's a good practice to have a separate integration model for each business object (applicable to both master and transactional data). For the order of activation, please follow the listing as shown in the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SCM700_ehp02/helpdata/en/69/08533b89050863e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Here is a link to APO - CIF best practice document available in SAP market place.  It provides all the information related to CIF management and answer all your queries.

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000715082008E

This reply corroborates Marius's message.

Thanks,

Rajesh