cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports Migration from 11.0.0.89327 to CR 2008 sp3 (12.3.0.601)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Crystal Reports Migration from 11.0.0.89327 to  CR 2008 sp3 (12.3.0.601)

Hi,

we have project to migrate all our reports from CR 11 to CR 2008 sp3. it is a very tight schedule.

when we did the migration from CR 8.5 to CR 11 and have used the following dlls in order to invoke the reports from my application exe.

1)crpe32.dll

2)craxdrt.dll

3)MFCANS32.dll version 3.2

4) crdb_odbc.dll version 11

it was completed successfully. But now CR 11 is again EOL. So we need to do the migration from CR 11 to CR 2008 sp3.

1) is there any euqivalent dlls which are compitable with my application exe?

we have started working like as below:

a) Uninstall CR 11 from windows 2003 server and Install CR2008 sp3 s/w into it.

b) Opened and Refreshed reports with CR2008  and saved it

c) Kept same report into our application exec folder and removed all dlls which are related to CR11 then we are trying to call my application exe it was not executed as expected it was encountered an warning that some dlls are missing So inorder to solve this issue we have taken all required dlls ( from CR2008-C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86) which it asked by my exe and kept into that folder.

FYI.

pvlocale-1-0.dll

xerces-c_2_7.dll

libOCAHelperw-4-0.dll

fssl-1-2-1-3.dll

ebus-3-3-2-6.dll

etc-1-0-12-5.dll

cxlibw-4-0.dll

boezlib.dll

TraceLog.dll

cslibu-3-0.dll

Xalan-C_1_10.dll

XalanMessages_1_10.DLL

icuuc30.dll

icudt30.dll

icuin30.dll

d) lastly my application exe has worked as expected but when i am invoking the report through my application exe it encountered an error that "The user function manager DLL (ufmanager.dll) could not be found" So i have replaced older with new dll (ufmanager.dll- 12.3.0.601)  even if it has thrown as same error what might be cause?. Kindly help on this........ I appreciate if you could help on this. I tried upto all possible cases but no result same error.

FYI:

My Exe has built using the visual studio 2003 and .NET frame work 1.1

Far Point spread 1.1

Thanks and Regards,

Sridhar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sridhar

Unfortunately, there is so much wrong here, I am having a hard time even starting this reply...

1) You mention craxdrt.dll and crpe32.dll essentially in one breath which is confusing. Craxdrt.dll was used with the Report Designer Component (RDC) SDK which was retired in version 11.5 of Crystal Reports. E.g.; this SDK is not available in CR 2008. There also used to be want was called Print Engine APIs and these called into the crpe32.dll directly. This API was retired in CR 9. E.g.; you can not use Print Engine APIs in CR 2008 (no header files).

2) You manually moved a number of runtime files. For one, this is nto supported. Additonally, how would you ensure that this sort of alteration was deployed correctly to runtime computers?

3) You are using studio 2003 and .NET frame work 1.1. CR 2008 only includes the SDK for Visual Studio .NET, thus you will have to use this SDK.

In CR 2008, you will see craxDDrt.dll (not craxDrt.dll) and crviewer.dll. These dlls are included with CR 2008 for internal purposes and you are not licensed to use these dlls in application development. Additionally, you'll never be able to deploy an app using these dlls in any case...

Only option; Update your application to use the CR SDL for .NET. No ifs, no buts - sorry. The following resources should help you get started:

Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 Walkthroughs (most of the content in this document will apply to CR 2008 and VS 2003)

Crystal Reports for .NET SDK Samples

CR 2008 developer library API

CR 2008 reference

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Thanks for your reply.

Please clarify as below:

whether CR2008 sp3 is compatible with Visual Studio 2003  and .NET Framework SDK 1.1 ?

or else do we need to migrate Visual Studio 2003 to 2005/2008? or do we need to migrate only .NET Frame SDK 1.1 to some hight versions.?

I would appreciate if you could reply on this.  Thanks in advance.

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See these wikis, the CR 2008 section at the bottom. It will give you he compatible .NET versions.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=56787567

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=202080541

- Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan/Ludek,

I have gone through your links it says that it is compatible. i.e.,

CR 2008 SP3 is compatible with VS 2003 and .NET Frame work 1.1 SDK

1) we should know exact dll to view and print the report in CR2008 SP3  using application exe

2) why "ufmanager.dll could not found" this error will encounter even if ufmanager.dll present in our application exe path.

Please let us know. if you have any contact details. Thank you so much.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're not providing enough concise and accurate information for us to answer. Here is what we need:

1) What CR SDK are you using? Or, put another way, what CR files is your application referencing?

2) What are the exact and full versions of the referenced files?

3) What is the version of the crpe32.dll in the C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinnessObject Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86 directory?

4) Ufmanager.dll is invoked by UFLs. Are you using custom UFLs?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Sorry i replied lately. Thanks for your mail.

one good new is that i have run my application exe by keeping the CR2008 installation path in the PATH variable like ( C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86 ) and my application exe can able to invoke the report,print and export into pdf or other format of files.

but where as in UAT and PROD servers we do not want to install entire CR2008 s/w into it. Just we wanted to install only runtime package which is compatible to my APP EXE. as i said before MY APP EXE has built with .NET SDK 1.1 and VS 2003.

or we supposed to know the exact dll names for the below functionalities:

1) to view report

2) to print report

3) to export the report into disk ( PDF,EXCEL...etc)

but when we did the migration from CR8.5 to CRXI  we have used the following dlls and their our understanding:

1. crpe32.dll version 11 à This DLL is crystal report print engine and before this migration, version 8.5 was used. This DLL being used by EXE at the time of opening the templates.DLL of version 8.5 is unable to open CR 11 reports.

1. 2 craxdrt.dll version 11 àThis DLL is report designer component which is required in order to open CR 11 reports from Front and printing through Bart print program.This DLL being used by EXE.

1. 3 MFCANS32.dll version 3.2 àThis DLL is being used for converting the unicode characters in to appropriate and being used by EXEs.

1. 4 crdb_odbc.dll version 11àThis DLL is used for database connectivity. Earlier p2sodbc.dll was used for this purpose.CR 11 supports this DLL and this is being used by EXEs for database connectivity.

Thank you so much for your help.

0 Kudos

Hello,

CRPE32.dll is no longer supported as of CR 9, don't reference it in your app.

CRAXDRT is not longer supported as of CR XI R2, don't reference it in your app.

USP10.dll is the MS Unicode dll, don't know what the other one is about.

Crdb_odbc.dll MUST be used now, make sure you DO NOT still reference the old p2sodbc.dll, all reports must be updated to the newer crdb_odbc.dll

I think the problem is you were manually distributing the runtime, which was the only way to do it in CR 8.5. That is not supported anymore and no info on how to. You MUST use the REDIST Packages to deploy CR runtime.

Go to the Download Page and Get the Redist Package, use the MSI to distribute the complete CR runtime package, you MUST have Admin rights to install it.

good luck

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Thanks for your mail.

My application exe has built with VS 2003 and .Net Frame work 1.0

Development server/UAT/PROD servers :

windows 2003 OS

we have CR XI reports around 300-400 reports now which we need to migrate from CR  XI to CR2008.

The CR2008 version which has installed is: 12.3.0.601 ( SP 3) so what will be exact redistribute

needed to be installed Can you please provide name of it and it's installation process.

Best Regards,

Sridhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am eagarly waiting for reply. Since we need to install the Redistribute Package as earlier as possible. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Hello,

You'll find the download packages on this page:

http://scn.sap.com/community/crystal-reports-for-visual-studio

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don, Thanks for your mail. when i click this URL then is related to Visual studio 2010. as i said the earlier my application has built with Visual studio 2003 and .NET frame work 1.1 version. Presently we are going to migrate the CR XI reports from CR2008. For this i got the Redistribute package from you site itself. Can you please help us to confirm the name of  the package name:CRRuntime_12_5_mlb.msi ......

we have installed into our development server and it is working as expected only.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Try clicking on the CR 2008 reference link:

References
Crystal Reports 2008 Reference Page

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don typo mistake in the earlier mail

Presently we are going to migrate from CR XI reports  to CR2008. is it required to refresh reports through CR2008 s/w and save it...call through the Application exe. or CR XI reports are compatible for CR2008 runtime package? but i have tested in my development server without refreshing CR XI report in CR2008 s/w even though i can call/invoke that report by my application exe with out any isues. If it is compatible then our efforts for migration will be very les. we can complete this project as earlier as possible.

i got the redtribute package now and we will install and try it through application exe.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As you suggested we have installed runtime CR2008 SP3 package and gave the installation path in PATH variable as "

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86"

1) Then after we have invoked our application which has built with VS 2003 and .NET 1.1 Frame work

Remarks: 1) Application exe is working fine as expectedly

2) All our front end reports are working as expectedly without any issues.

In the front end, we have some front end reports which are related to Japanese and if we invoke report through my application exe and fetching japanese chars from the database and populating the in the report.

Note: All our front end reports are refreshed with Sybase ODBC drivers 12.5.

we have some back end reports and these reports will be called through back end exe . This back end exe is also built same like as front end exe. But in the back end exe we have used the Print Engine to print the report and Back end reports will be Refreshed with Sybase Client instead of ODBC Drivers apart from these there is no change in back end and front end exes.

1) But where as if we Refresh same report with Sybase Client 12.5 then instead of japanese chars it is showing as Junk chars. what could be the problem for this?

2) Earlier Our Back end Reports are Refreshed with Sybase Client 12.5 only in CR XI and worked as expectedly with out any issues.

Our Back end reports are using the PrintEngine to print the Reports.

we wanted to know that whether PrintEngine is compatible with Japanese or not?

Thanks for your reply and advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

egarly waiting for your reply.

whether printengine will suppport for Crystal reports 2008 SP3 software ?

we have process to print the report using the printengine functionalities, Our process has built with VS 2003 and . Net frame work 1.1? All the back end reports are has refreshed with sybase client and  our exe picking up and printing these reports but japanese chars are not printing instead of it is printing as junk chars. So we have changed our program to get the connection with ODBC driver ( sybase client 12.5)  and print the Report through our process? but we were facing a problem with SetNthTableLocationInfo function and this function returning the False instead of TRUE.? please suggest us asap? thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

No, crpe32.dll is not supported since version 9. Doesn't matter you are using it in the backend, you CAN NOT use it anymore.

Update ALL of your processes to CR .NET Assemblies.

Try the samples on the Overview tab.

Don

Answers (0)