cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts uses ext. no. assignment. Specify an account number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts, when trying to create a Customer a get this error message "

Acct group Head Office Accounts uses ext. no. assignment. Specify an account number

Message no. F2037" What is the meaning of this and what steps do I take to rectify it?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to key in some value against the field "Customer".

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmipathi, I did exactly so and it worked.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi, can you please explain what it meant by "

Accounts uses ext. no. assignment" ?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi patrick,,

first you should understand the basic thing ,, for every customer in you company have unique number. for assign this number to customer there is two process.

1) Internal number range :  system automatically assign the next available number to the customer ( so here you will not enter any number to the customer when you create)

2) External number range: you have to enter the number to the customer manually, when you create customer master.

May be you will get another question now, how to create and assign number ranges ( internal/external)  to account groups..

1) create the account group with SPRO --> Financial accounts --> account receivable and account payable --> customer accounts --> master data --> preparation for creating customer master data --> define account groups with screen layout

2) create the number rage with create the number range for customer accounts (followed by above menu path)

3) if you select(tick) box in right side last column with name "EXT" , that number range will be external, if you leave the box empty it will be internal number range.

4) after creation of number range assign that number range to account type .

IF you have any further clarification ,please let me know.

Regards

Patchala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Patchala your above explanation was explicit, A bit clarification please: What factors are considered when assigning these number range, I mean when do you choose an Internal Number Range for an Account Group and when do you choose External Number Range for an Account Group?

Warm Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick.,,

That`s based on the client requirement.. generally if the customer numbers are in sequence, we prefer internal number range....

Regards

Patchala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Patchala you are the best!

Regards,

Patrick

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

arya1
Newcomer
0 Kudos

while creating vendor Acct group B001 uses ext. no. assignment. Specify an account number i am getting error

could you please help me

chubby06
Discoverer
0 Kudos

F2037" What is the meaning of this and what steps do I take to rectify it?