Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subtable

roland_spindler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a context node HEADERS than includes a subnode ITEMS.  How do I display the items as a table within the corresponding line of the header table in the layout?

Thanks in advance

Roland

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

roland_spindler
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the replies.

I ended up just showing a single table that repeats the header fields. To make it easier to read I created a Cell Variant for the header fields, so they are only displayed the first time.

Roland

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ronald,

You should consider the option to integrate Tree(Hierarchial) UI into the Table.

It will give you the option to expand the master row to display the children data for that particular row. Example: It is used to display the material BOM structure

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert

In my opinion you should rather use the master-detail design where

for each row in the master table, a few lines are showed in thed detail table.

If you go for this approach, you can also use the built-in supply function mechanism

that helps you catch the event when user selects another row.

Read this.

Regards 

yuval peery

roland_spindler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Yuval,

As there is only one item for many of the headers and rarely more than two items, this would mean a lot of clicks for very little additional information.

Also, my name is not Robert (or Ronald for that matter).

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why cannot you use Hierarchical fashion.

roland_spindler
Participant
0 Kudos

How does that work?

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos
roland_spindler
Participant
0 Kudos

Not bad, but is there a way to display the item fields next to the header fields? The Pop-in seems to be displayed below the header fields.

Roland

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

I guess you can explore Column Popin.

Checkout another link showing Row pop in with a Table as a pop in ( earlier link had few input fields in pop in )

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c012ee50-f41b-2e10-63b2-d88cddca1...

Regards,

Ashish Shah

roland_spindler
Participant
0 Kudos

Column Popin seem to be displayed below the current row also. (The only difference is that they are linked to a certain cell instead of a row.)

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0a39e70-1930-2d10-4b83-d51f37b05...