cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NullPointerExeption when testing the Dispatcher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo @all,

i get an NullPointerExeption when i try to test my Dispatcher in Identity Center.

It's an Development System, so all Components are installed on one Server:

IDM 7.2

MS SQL 2008, Microsoft SQL JDBC Driver 3

SAP Netweaver AS JAVA 7.3 X64 (SAP JVM 6.1 comes with it, updated to 6.1.038)

Also, i followed the Post Installation Guide and added the path to the java.exe and jvm.dll.

Can anybody help me, please?

Thanks for your help.

PS: Here is the Error Message:

Running MxDispatcher_dcv26.

MxDispatcher version: 7.2.00.0 Built: 22.11.2010 18:36:12 (c) Copyright 2008 SAP

AG. All rights reserved.

Java VM: SAP AG   Version: 1.6.0_31

Java home: C:\usr\sap\IMD\SYS\exe\jvm\NTAMD64\sapjvm_6.1.038\sapjvm_6\jre

Java lib/ext: C:\usr\sap\IMD\SYS\exe\jvm\NTAMD64\sapjvm_6.1.038\sapjvm_6\jre\lib

\ext;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\lib\ext

CLASSPATH: C:\usr\sap\IdM\Identity Center\Java\mxdispatcher.jar;C:\usr\sap\IdM\I

dentity Center\Java\mxmcapi.jar;;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driv

er 3.0\sqljdbc_3.0\enu\sqljdbc4.jar;

java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.Stri

ng.indexOf(java.lang.String) of an object loaded from local variable 'aURL'

at com.sap.idm.ic.services.api.MXMCApi_Connection.getConnection(MXMCApi_

Connection.java:70)

at com.sap.idm.ic.services.api.MXMCApi_Connection.<init>(MXMCApi_Connect

ion.java:49)

at com.sap.idm.ic.services.api.MXMCApi_Connection.getInstance(MXMCApi_Co

nnection.java:22)

at com.sap.idm.ic.services.api.disp.MXMCApi_CTX_Dispatcher.getInstance(M

XMCApi_CTX_Dispatcher.java:39)

at com.sap.idm.ic.services.dispatcher.MxDispatcher.main(MxDispatcher.jav

a:170)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member324045
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

I had the same problem but found no solution.

Today I could solve it by replacing one property in dispatchers prop-file: MC_JDBCURL

There you find some value starting with the encrypt algorithm. But it seams that the decryption isn't working (or not correct). I putted there the humanreadable connections string. I know that it's a security risk but for my testing it's okay!

Maybe someone has another solution for this problem. Would be great to get it!

Summary:
change the line in props file from

e.g. something like this: MC_JDBCURL={DES3CBC}1:8ad818acc9587492-0dad7e22fe8814e5f06f48f05585ae91397dd59cadadf1f27bd858f673dad534c0a0c387bedd87fef112a24a87fb7aac819c0c760048

to: MC_JDBCURL=jdbc:oracle:thin:mxmc_rt/<YOUR_PASSWORD>@<FQDN_OR_IP>:<PORT>:<DBID>

Hope this will help you!

BR

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

thanks for your advice.

Now i tested the configuration with an old JRE (1.5, Ok, now it is from SUN) and the MS SQL Server Driver 2.0 and in IC ->Tools ->Option, Tab Java, I only set the string in JDBC Driver name: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

but this doesnt solve my problem. Here again the error Message

MxDispatcher version: 7.2.00.0 Built: 22.11.2010 18:36:12 (c) Copyright 2008 SAP

AG. All rights reserved.

Java VM: Sun Microsystems Inc.   Version: 1.5.0_05

Java home: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.5.0_05

Java lib/ext: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.5.0_05\lib\ext

CLASSPATH: C:\usr\sap\IdM\Identity Center\Java\mxdispatcher.jar;C:\usr\sap\IdM\I

dentity Center\Java\mxmcapi.jar;;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driv

er 2.0\sqljdbc_2.0\enu\sqljdbc.jar

java.lang.NullPointerException

Did you have any other solution for me?

Thanks!

Marcus

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marcus,

If you are using 64 Bit MS SQL Server you need to use sqljdbc4.jar and the appropriate driver name. 

Also from the Windows command line, go to the \usr\sap\idm\identitycenter\service-scripts and run your dispatcher with the options "test checkconfig"  what errors come up.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

oh is it so? I thougt i have to use the sqljdbc4.jar only when  JVM 1.6 is running. Correct me, if i am wrong.

OK, i tested the dispatcher with this option and the same Errors like above occurs.

Marcus

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marcus,

Sorry you were right about that.  Can you please run the dispatcher with the test checkconfig option and post the results here?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Matt, ok here is the post from the test but it is exactly the same output.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]

Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\kanterm>cd\

C:\>cd "usr\sap\IdM\Identity Center\Service-Scripts"

C:\usr\sap\IdM\Identity Center\Service-Scripts>Dispatcher_Service_dcv26.bat test

checkconfig

Command argument:checkconfig

AG. All rights reserved.

Java VM: Sun Microsystems Inc.   Version: 1.5.0_05

Java home: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.5.0_05

Java lib/ext: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.5.0_05\lib\ext

er 2.0\sqljdbc_2.0\enu\sqljdbc.jar

java.lang.NullPointerException

C:\usr\sap\IdM\Identity Center\Service-Scripts>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like you're using an old version of the dispatcher - MxDispatcher version: 7.2.00.0.  I would highly recommend upgrading to SP4.

Also, can you please post the settings in your Java options.

I recommend using SAPJVM rather than Sun.  I suggest you try the JVM as a step in your troubleshooting if you can't lock down the problem.

Lastly, check the jdbc string that you have configured in your IdM system Identity Center and make sure that's connecting ok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

thanks for your advice. I upgraded the IdM (Designtime and Runtime) to SP4.  The upgrade resolves that problem but now i'm facing a new one.

Please have a look at the error message:

MxDispatcher version: 7.2.4.0 Built: 19.03.2012 18:32:51 (c) Copyright 2008 SAP

AG. All rights reserved.

Java VM: SAP AG   Version: 1.6.0_31

Java home: C:\usr\sap\IMD\SYS\exe\jvm\NTAMD64\sapjvm_6.1.038\sapjvm_6\jre

Java lib/ext: C:\usr\sap\IMD\SYS\exe\jvm\NTAMD64\sapjvm_6.1.038\sapjvm_6\jre\lib

\ext;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\lib\ext

er 3.0\sqljdbc_3.0\enu\sqljdbc4.jar;C:\SAPJCo\sapjco3.jar

Error while processing MxDispatcher_<name>.prop file - java.lang.Exception: decr

yptString:decryptString:javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Given final block not

properly padded

It seems there is a problem with the Java Cryptographic Extension Jurisdiction Policy files. I downloaded them from Oracle and paste it to the security folder of my java_home directory.

Thank you!

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not seen that error before.  You might want to try regenerating your Key.ini files from the Identity Center, and then after that, regenerate your dispatcher scripts.

Regards,

Chris

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marcus,

Take a look at these articles:

http://idm-thoughtplace.blogspot.com/2011/09/setting-driver-straight.html

http://idm-thoughtplace.blogspot.com/2011/07/more-from-jar.html

Note that if you are using SQL Server 2008 it's the same drivername for JAVA: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

Hope this helps!

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have installed IDM 7.2 SP06 on windows server 2008 64bit

Database server/Client - Oracle 11g

64bit Java under C:\Program Files\Java

32bit Java under C:\Program Files(x86)\Java

All above on same machine.

I am getting an error while testing dispatcher - which looks like this screenshot -

and my Java option looks like below -

please help me,

Indira